Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
The role: Design Engineer, Direct Air Capture SAB
Who are you?
The Design Engineer, Direct Air Capture SAB will be responsible for the design of Structured Adsorbent Bed (SAB) products for our Direct Air Capture (DAC) customers in a high-volume, high-yield automated manufacturing setting. You will work closely with other designers in the SAB Design team and will collaborate with the laminate R&D teams, the manufacturing engineering team, and the field service team.
You are a motivated, creative, and diligent product design or manufacturing engineer with experience carrying component designs through to final release, with a strong commitment to detailed and thorough execution. Experience in design of heat or heat and mass exchangers, gas separation devices, or other industrial equipment is an asset, as well as experience with high-volume manufacturing processes.
Customers / Suppliers:
- Direct Air Capture (DAC) external customers
- SAB manufacturing team
- Machine team product designers
- Supply chain team
- Automation and machine design contractors
- VP Products
- Deliver Engineering and Technology Packages and resources (ETP) to the Machine Division within agreed targets and requirements.
- Develop qualification methodologies for structured adsorbent bed implementations (e.g. DVP&R, DFMEA, PFMEA).
- Qualify materials, designs and methodologies for structured adsorbent bed implementations.
- Produce documentation for:
- Concept phase design
- Detailed design
- IQC, SOP, JHA
- Develop, maintain, and improve processes for engineering change management, configuration management, product lifecycle management, and other business and office processes.
- Demonstrable multiple cycles and deliveries of product development, ideally with technologies similar to Svante.
- Experience with designing with a variety of manufacturing processes, such as sheet metal, castings, and injection molding.
- Proven experience of advancing technology from an immature to advanced state is highly desirable.
- Excellent grasp of first principles in mechanical engineering, fluid dynamics and thermodynamics.
- Strong fundamentals in Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DFM/A) and design for high-volume and automated manufacturing.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Attitude: Must naturally espouse Svante values and believe in our Goals and Objectives.
- Education: Engineering to, at least, degree level.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
If you are interested in applying for the position, fill out the form below before October 7, 2022.
Applications for this position have closed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.