MentorConnect – Find a mentor today!
MentorConnect is a free program that matches job-ready skilled newcomers in British Columbia with established local professionals for one-on-one occupation-specific coaching.
Matches are based on occupation, industry and professional experience.
To become a Mentor, an individual must:
- Have a minimum of two years of professional experience in their occupation within Canada
- Possess industry knowledge within Canada and open to sharing their professional network
- Strong communication and coaching characteristics
- Commit to program deliverables and make time for mentoring activities
To become a Mentee, a newcomer must:
- Possess Permanent Residency (PR) status or have been accepted as a protected person (Refugee) in Canada
- Arrived in Canada within the past five years
- Be unemployed or underemployed
- Possess high-intermediate to advanced English skills (e.g., CLB level 7, LINC 8 or IELTS 6 overall score)
- Have a job ready resume, clear goals and personal introduction
- Commit to the program content and
- Is responsive to follow-up program administration inquires
“Your encouragement, advice and support have led me to this success. I am falling short of words to thank you and my mentor for the guidance and support offered through the MentorConnect program. I will forever be grateful!” IEC-BC Mentee