MentorConnect – Find a mentor today!
MentorConnect is a free program that matches job-ready skilled newcomers in British Columbia with established local professionals for one-on-one occupation-specific coaching.
Matches are based on occupation, industry and professional experience.
To become a Mentee, an individual must:
• Have a minimum of two years of professional experience in their occupation within Canada
• Possess industry knowledge within Canada and open to sharing their professional network
• Strong communication and coaching characteristics
• Commit to program deliverables and make time for mentoring activities
• Possess Permanent Residency (PR) status or have been accepted as a protected person (Refugee) in Canada
• Arrived in Canada within the past five years
• Be unemployed or underemployed (work under 20 hours a week)
• Possess high-intermediate to advanced English skills (CLB level 7, LINC 8 or IELTS 6 overall score)
• Have a job ready resume, clear goals and personal introduction
• Commit to the program content and
is responsive to follow-up program administration inquires
“Your encouragement, advice and support have led me to this success. I am falling short of words to thank you and my mentor for the guidance and support offered through the MentorConnect program. I will forever be grateful!” IEC-BC Mentee