Title: Intermediate Java Developer
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Work Location: Toronto, (ON), Ottawa (ON), Burnaby (BC), Vancouver (BC), Edmonton (AB), Calgary (AB), remote possibility
Job Category: Technology Solutions
Job Function: Engineering & Development
Job Id: 32288
Join our team and what we’ll accomplish together
We are the Future Friendly Home Services DevOps group, responsible for the end-to-end technology development and operations of TELUS’ Optik TV services, video and over-the-top services, broadband network capabilities, smart home solutions and software-defined wide area network (SD-WAN) solutions. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our mission to drive better outcomes through customer-centric, state-of-the-art software platforms.
We are looking for talented Backend/Microservices developer to join us to help us drive a large scale digital transformation program. In this role, you will create industry-leading end-to-end customer experiences for next-gen video and digital home solutions, incorporating superior performance, reliability and flexibility by design. You will contribute to an inclusive, knowledgeable and highly motivated team, using SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) practices to frequently deliver valuable software to market.
Unlock the power of cloud-native environments and have the freedom to leverage innovative technologies and the latest standards !
What you’ll do
- Design and build simple, efficient and maintainable cloud-based microservices, adopting standard components and libraries whenever possible
- Leverage DevOps values to drive design decisions that support key operational needs such as configurability, logging and monitoring
- Take responsibility for your components across end to end development lifecycle, implementing, executing testing and supporting deployments
- Integrate security into all daily efforts, including secure design and coding practices
- Collaborate with senior architects to identify efficient architectures and mentor/lead more junior development resources
- Estimate the effort needed to execute your end-to-end implementation tasks and support our technical leads in creating unified and reliable delivery plans
- Leverage containers and other cloud-native tools
What you bring
- At least 7 years in progressive, object oriented software development roles with proven technical leadership skills, as well as confidence in making and owning technical decisions
- Hands on experience building REST or Web Services
- Hands on experience defining and integrating SQL or NoSQL databases
- Hands on experience hosting & running your apps/services within a containerized environment
- Hands-on experience with Java or Node.JS.
- Experience using testing frameworks, and implementing and testing features and functionalities using both manual and automated means
- Agile development practices, using DevOps best practices and a modern CI/CD pipeline
- Secure design and coding practices
- Experience building positive relationships and collaborating with a variety of diverse groups and technical teams
- A creative approach to problem solving and the ability to work independently to manage deliverables in an environment with high levels of ambiguity
- Bachelors in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering
- Experience on Elastic search integrations
- Kubernetes – ideally EKS or GKE
- Hands-on experience with API management gateways (e.g. Apigee)
- Knowledge of video delivery architectures
A bit about us
We’re a people-focused, customer-first, purpose-driven team who works together every day to innovate and do good. We improve lives through our technology solutions and foster a culture of innovation that empowers team members to solve complex problems and create remarkable human outcomes in a digital world.
You’ll find our engaging, high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging, and financially rewarding. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. Your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly.
The health and safety of our team, customers and communities is paramount to TELUS. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
This position is closed and no longer taking applications.
In order to be eligible to apply for any other position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect.
You can register for the same here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.