Operational Data Analyst
CWB Diverse Disability Placement Opportunity
It’s a new world, and we are learning to embrace it. Work and life have been connected in new & different ways – for our clients & their businesses too. So, at CWB we’ve been changing the way we work. In fact, we’re still changing. We’re still learning.
Career journeys bring us together
Our people are what make the fabric of our culture. But it’s finding the right mix of people and the diversity of perspectives that makes that fabric truly beautiful. Providing developmental opportunities that break down barriers and allow Indigenous individuals access to fulfilling and meaningful careers that contribute to that fabric, is one way we’re looking to continue to grow our culture.
All applicants are welcome, and we expressly encourage applicants to apply who identify as women, persons with visible and invisible disabilities (including physical, mental, sensory, learning impairment, etc.), Indigenous Peoples (including First Nations, Metis, and Inuit), LGBTQ2S+ and/or racialized persons. At CWB we believe that inclusion has power, and we’re always looking for unique perspectives to add to our teams. We have a culture that thrives on idea-sharing, collaboration, respect, caring and camaraderie. If you have a voice to add to the conversation, we’d love you to apply. All applicants are considered as part of an equitable and fair selection process.
The Operational Data Analyst provides developmental roles designed to equip individuals seeking entry level positions who self-identify as being part of the disability spectrum with a base for a career in banking support. Why banking? Why a corporate role? Why CWB? Easy. CWB is a full-service financial institution, and with that comes true variety in the types of career paths we offer. And on top of that, we have the attitude and culture that only comes with a history of entrepreneurism and serving passionate and dedicated business owners. To put it simply, we’re different than the other banks. And with that difference comes possibility, opportunity, and growth.
This opportunity focuses on developing key business skills with the goal of increasing experience, autonomy, and complexity. The individual will partner with experienced professionals in the business supporting the day-to-day operations of the business, as an integral member of the team they are joining.
There will be support through great mentors and advocates, opportunities for formal learning within our Teal Academy, and can be members of many different Employee Represented Groups.
Relationship builder. Culture advocate. Inclusion ally. Brand ambassador. Team player. Collaborator. Storyteller.
- Data and information collection, link and analyze the information and perform data integrity checks and conduct analysis.
- Develop and maintenance of analytical metric tools to create insights that empower decision makers at all levels within Canadian Western Bank. These tools will be used to highlight areas of improvement and drive focus on how Centralized Operations Group delivers on key strategic objectives.
- Maintenance and support on reporting for Centralized Operations Group and scheduled data refreshes
- Provide data analysis, applications, process automation and reporting for groups within Centralized Operations group.
- Support system enhancements for better reporting mechanisms and process improvements within Centralized Operations Group to reduce overhead within the department
- Follow Operational Effectiveness methodology and a structured process which ensures the success in achieving operational effectiveness objectives for the implementation, continuous improvement and efficiency, and sustainment of our CWBFG operational processes to ensure the branch and client experience is enhanced.
- Provide the necessary measures and reporting within Centralized Operations Group to ensure our banking centres and partners achieve organizational goals by reducing costs and realizing benefits (and unrealized benefits).
- Monitor and report on achievement of targets; when targets are not met, identify root causes, escalate, and contribute to creating an appropriate action plan to address them.
- Provide support to the Centralized Operations team to drive the use of data for daily management and decision-making across all teams using data analytics and reporting tools.
- Support activities related to identifying opportunities to increase capacity and efficiency. Report and measure on the ROI of efficiencies for Operational Effectiveness.
- Recommend process and system enhancements based on feedback from the business
- Participate and contribute in projects and initiatives within area of expertise, meeting time frames as established/assigned by leadership
- Minimize risk to CWB Group through compliance with policies and regulatory requirements in all areas of banking and operations.
Outlook, perspective & approach
- You make values-based decisions
- You bring your whole self to work
- You can think critically about a challenge and are comfortable adding your perspective to a conversation
- You understand the value of teamwork and can build collaborative and supportive relationships
- You’ve got solid written and verbal communication skills
- You can look at a problem, think practically, analytically, and creatively about how to solve it
- You have a positive attitude and can bring the fun
- You know how to research what you need to know, but also feel comfortable asking, when you don’t
- You always come prepared and organized
- You ask good questions, and put your hand up to try new things
- You know how to provide, and accept, quality and thoughtful feedback focused on forward growth
- You’re comfortable with a fast-paced work environment, and can adapt quickly to changes
- You maintain a high degree of ethics and can maintain confidentiality (if and when required)
Know-how, common sense & life experience
- Post-secondary education in Computer Sciences, Business Administration, Mathematics or a related field
- Relevant skills gained through work experience, volunteer or community experience that would complement the role.
- Technologically savvy with Microsoft Suite of tools, ITIL, SQL, Power BI, SAS and working remotely.
- Communicator, collaborator and data enthusiast!
Winners of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture 2021 &
Recognized as one of 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Places to Work 2021
& Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in Canada 2021
Values driven people first benefits
At CWB, we know your life, downtime, family, adventure, recovery, and future are an important part of you. They’re important to CWB too. That’s why our benefits take care of your whole life, family included.
Wellness matters. We offer an award-winning benefits package that includes hybrid work environments, everyday flexibility, 100% company-funded health coverage, health care spending account, a flexible wellness program. Generous time-away options to unplug & recharge, including Traditional Indigenous Leave options. Bring your whole self to work. Inclusion is a journey requiring practice & experience to result in a powerful outcome. Your perspective matters & voice will be heard. Find a community within the CWB family in our employee represented groups. Career development. We invest in our employees’ development to help them reach their professional goals with organization wide Coaching services. Strategic career design is an investment in our core asset – our people. Innovation. Learn. Grow. Enhance. At CWB, we play to win. When we fail, we fail forward. Recognition. Peer-to-peer recognition programs for “in the moment” and monumental wins. Community giving. Make a difference. Drive economic prosperity in your community. Get involved. Volunteer. Fundraise. All with CWB support. ESG & sustainability focused. Be proud of where you spend, work & invest. Financial rewards. Base salary & pay for performance incentives. Retirement investment strategy. You can’t work forever! So, we’ve got you covered. Company ownership. No greater sense of motivation & empowerment than being an owner! Find your “why” at cwbcareers.com
Career is a journey. Start on your path with CWB. Apply today.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here. If you are interested to apply for the position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 25, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Operational Data Analyst (CWB).