Accounting Manager – 16-month contract (Vancouver – hybrid – office/remote)
at TCap Private Equity (View all jobs)Vancouver, BC
We bring out the best in business. From early-stage startups to seasoned companies, we work hard to give businesses a brighter future. Working with entrepreneurs and companies to fund, evaluate, validate, build and scale startups and ventures.
TCap is growing, and we’re looking for self-starters to join our team. Based in Vancouver, Canada, we are founders at heart and look for people with the same entrepreneurial drive to support TCap’s portfolio of exciting startups and companies.
Do you like to take the initiative, serve and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!
Accounting Manager (16-month contract)
Downtown Vancouver | 16-month contract · this is a hybrid remote/office position
About our Finance team
We are people-first. Our team supports several businesses under the TCap portfolio where no two days are the same. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to the teams we support and consistently balancing precision with flexibility.
As an Accounting Manager, you will work closely with the VP of Finance and to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting and for closing the books. You’ll own the financial analysis for a variety of businesses and get involved in various exciting projects along the way. You will be responsible for oversight and development of a team of staff dedicated to financial matters. The ideal candidate should be well-versed in ASPE, and have experience with multi-currency transactions, inter-company transactions and producing meaningful consolidated reports to executives.
What you’re great at
Your keen eye for detail and ability to learn quickly will equip you in addressing the everyday challenges that come across your desk. Your quick pace will play a key role in building our world-class Finance team at TCap and helping the entities in our portfolio scale.
- Thriving when there are multiple things on the go with many priorities to manage.
- Getting the little things right.
- Leading with integrity and holding yourself accountable for what you say you’re going to do.
What you’ll be doing
- Build and design ad hoc reports and analysis for various TCAP business opportunities (in Excel and within Sage Intacct). .
- Manage the Finance team and operations to produce quality reporting and to ensure reporting deadlines are met.
- Recommend and implement policies and procedures that adhere to ASPE and US GAAP, and ensure the team executes them accurately.
- Oversee the team’s activities, provide guidance and remove roadblocks for the team so they can complete their duties accurately and on-time; which include A/P, A/R, Payroll, Inter-company Transactions, FX Revaluations and Consolidations for multiple companies.
- Prepare cashflow forecasts as part of the distribution of the monthly financial statements.
- Present monthly financials and cashflow analysis in monthly management and quarterly board meetings; present findings in laymen terms for a non-Finance audience.
- Prepare year-end schedules and coordinate with external accountants for annual Notice of Reader preparation and tax preparation.
- Maintain effective communication with all departments and with external clients.
- In this position, you may be responsible for implementing and adhering to approved security controls and procedures in support of the Credit Card Security and Computer Use & Electronic Communications policies.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 4 years professional accounting experience.
- CPA designation or very close to completion.
- Understanding of accounting concepts and processes in compliance to ASPE reporting standards
- Experience working with multi-currency and multiple entities that have inter-company transactions
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel functions (including Pivot, V-lookup).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-orientation with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is complex, ambiguous or difficult to obtain.
- A resourceful person with a can-do attitude who knows where to find answers when the need arises.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working with Sage Intacct.
- Experience with US GAAP.
- Experience with foreign exchange and consolidation.
- Accounting experience within a startup environment.
- Corporate tax filing experience.
What you can expect from us
- The opportunity to work from a brightly lit office space with up-to-date procedures, ensuring a safe and productive environment.
- A dynamic environment with opportunities to learn across a variety of industries and backgrounds.
- Competitive benefits package and wellness program.
- Growth culture with many opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, kindly send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before April 30, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Accounting Manager (TCap Private Equity)