2022-15EX Talent Acquisition Specialist
Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you excel at connecting the right candidates to the right vacancies for your organization by understanding the needs of both the organization and the available talent?
Join us in building a bridge to a better future. The Greater Victoria Public Library (GVPL) is embarking on a 24-month strategic bridging plan to support inclusive, engaged, and informed communities.
We are seeking a 12-month temporary full-time, Talent Acquisition Specialist for the GVPL to partner with the People and Culture team in fulfilling our current recruitment needs and enhancing our recruitment policies, processes, and practices.
Your expertise will have wide-reaching impact on Library operations and our ability to deliver on our Strategic Bridge Plan and operational service goals to our community.
You are a self-starter who holds a two-year diploma in human resources or business administration, with a minimum of three (3) years experience in full cycle recruitment. We prefer that you are familiar with recruitment using behavioural competencies and working within a unionized environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Utilizes talent acquisition expertise and knowledge to develop, modify or improve current practices, programs, procedures, goals and plans within the assigned responsibility area as directed in a fair, transparent, efficient, and effective manner.
2. Fosters and maintains positive working relationship with the People and Culture team, Senior leadership team, Library staff, the Union and external organizations.
3. Works in partnership with hiring managers to ensure job profiles are current, classified, and assigns behavioural competencies required to fulfill the role.
We offer competitive pay, exciting work, the opportunity to provide positive impact and some pretty great co-workers.
Does this role sound like a fit for you? Then we would love to hear from you. Please provide a cover letter and resume that outlines how your education and experience fits the role.
· This position is exempt from the union and is temporary full-time (auxiliary).
· Hours of work are 35 hours per week.
· The salary range for this role is Pay Band 5 ($69,372 – $75,785 annually) plus 14% in lieu of benefits. This position is a hybrid of in office and remote work.
· A job description can be found on our career website within the listed job posting.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants considered for interviews will be contacted.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here. If you are interested to apply for the position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before July 25, 4:30 PM PT with the following email subject: Talent Acquisition Specialist (GVLP)