Job Title: Employer Engagement Specialist
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
Location: Vancouver, BC
Job Type: Full-time Hybrid
Salary: $58,000 per annum plus a competitive benefits package
Reports to: Senior Manager, Employer Networks and National Engagement
About the Role
We are seeking a self-motivated and results-driven individual to play a lead role in building and deepening relationships with employers and connecting them to immigrant talent through a range of employer-focused programs and initiatives that support their workforce needs and advance the successful labour market integration of newcomers in BC. You will assist employers to better recruit, retain and develop an inclusive workforce. You will be responsible for generating leads, building broad stakeholder networks, and managing relationships with employers to support their workforce needs and to improve employment outcomes for immigrants in BC.
Co-develop and implement an employer engagement strategy that focuses on lead generation, conversion, building business networks, and managing employer relationships.
• Collaborate with the programs team to understand the needs of employers and to develop strategies that address their immigrant recruitment challenges.
• Build and maintain relationships with employers to understand their recruitment and retention needs and provide support in developing strategies that promote diversity and inclusion.
• Co-develop and deliver training programs for employers to help them understand how to recruit, retain and develop newcomer talent.
• Organize events and other activities to bring together employers and newcomer job seekers, and to promote the benefits of hiring immigrant employees.
• Conduct research and build knowledge on best practices in employer engagement and diversity and inclusion in the workplace and share this information with employers.
• Track and report on the progress of employer engagement activities and develop strategies to continuously improve the effectiveness of these activities.
• Maintain a database of employer contacts, including information on their recruitment and retention needs and their past engagement with the organization.
• Use data and analytics to inform employer engagement strategies and to identify areas for improvement.
• Represent IEC-BC at networking events and business-related forums.
• Collaborate with team members to design and implement employer recognition social media campaigns and events.
• Chair and facilitate meetings, workshops, and events.
• Prepare narrative reports for funders, Board of Directors and other stakeholders.
Connecting Employers to Immigrant Talent
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in lead generation, relationship management, and experience in developing and implementing successful employer engagement strategies.
• You are a natural connector and collaborator who can work with diverse individuals, groups, and organizations.
• You find ways to make strategic improvements to existing processes and generate new ideas.
• You are collaborative, adaptable, and diplomatic.
• You are accustomed to rolling up your sleeves to pitch in to get the job done – we are a small team with ambitious goals, and you are ready to do what it takes irrespective of job descriptions.
• You have a passion for making a difference!
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or a related field.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role, preferably in a not-for-profit organization.
• Strong written and spoken communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of stakeholders.
• Knowledge of the local labor market and employment trends.
• Access to BC wide business networks
• Demonstrated success in lead generation and relationship management, with a proven track record of success in developing and implementing successful employer engagement strategies.
• Knowledge of best practices in diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
• Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
How to Apply
If you are passionate about promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and thrive in a fast-paced, challenging work environment, this could be the position for you. Come be a part of an innovative and purpose-driven team that is building a prosperous and inclusive future for British Columbia.
We role we are holding a hiring connections event event on July 04 2023 at 1:00 pm PDT Interested applicants can register for this Connections Event here.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact email@example.com