- 3+ years of financial services industry admin or reporting experience required
- Post-secondary accounting education
- Experience with institutional trade settlement or commission accounting is an asset
Status: Full Time Permanent
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
Salary: not listed
Work Style: Hybrid opportunities available
Requisition ID: 2204604
Raymond James Ltd. is seeking an individual to oversee a financial reporting team within the Finance Department. The successful candidate for this position will work in a fast-paced accounting department reporting to the Senior Manager, Finance. As a member of the finance team, you will provide reporting and analysis of Equity Capital Market (ECM) activity. This role involves being interactive with ECM employees and with other departments within and outside of the firm to ensure that required information is communicated in a timely and accurate manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee daily creation and balancing of trade files for internal database;
• Oversee daily and monthly reports to be distributed to senior managers in ECM and Compliance;
• Oversee the monthly financial reporting process;
• Oversee the preparation and distribution of monthly and quarterly management reports;
• Administer CSA/Soft dollar programs for Institutional clients;
• Assist in preparation of preliminary annual budget information for ECM departments;
• Liaise with the parent company with regards to compliance, financial reporting and other items pertaining to ECM;
• Assist with projects and initiatives as required; and
• Other duties assigned.
• Experience with institutional trade settlement or commission accounting is an asset;
• Previous experience using Dataphile is an asset;
• Proficiency in Excel and Outlook;
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
• The ability to demonstrate excellent client service and collaboration;
• The ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment;
• An attention to detail;
• Exemplary problem solving skills and the ability for adaptation; and
• Fluency in written and verbal French (asset).
• Exemplary organizational skills and the ability to work quickly;
• Ability to lead a team and mentor staff;
Experience and Education
• 3 or more years of Financial Services industry administration or reporting experience required;
• Post-secondary education in Accounting or Finance required;
Depending on eligibility, we offer:
• Competitive Wages
• Health Benefits Program including Life Insurance and Disability from start date
• RRSP Matching Program from start date
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Paid Time Off & Other Time Off such as Volunteer Day
• Discretionary Bonuses
• Tuition Reimbursement Program
• Top Up Plan
• Employee Investment Accounts
• Flexible Work Styles
Accounting & Finance
Finance & Accounting
This position is closed and no longer taking applications.
In order to be eligible to apply for any other position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.