Job Description Summary
Do you live and breathe data? Are you looking to work with the latest technologies in a purpose-driven company committed to enabling life science research? This is an exciting opportunity where you will analyze fascinating data sets. As a Senior Data Engineer you will provide subject matter expertise in the delivery of data and will be responsible for providing leadership for the full lifecycle from data acquisition to delivery to a data warehouse or other destination type, as well as ensuring performance optimization and quality of developed solutions are fit for use.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop data-driven solutions which include ETL pipelines, dimensional modeling, metadata management, data cleansing and conforming, and querying
- Lead the delivery lifecycle including establishing and enhancing tools to support the lifecycle e.g. utilization of code management, test-driven development, and automated deployment
- Support the continuous improvement of the development life cycle including establishing and enhancing tools, utilization of code management, code reviews, test-driven development, and deployment automation
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years in a data engineering, analyst, or other data-related roles
- Fluent in DB development using SQL
- Familiarity with ELT/ETL, Modern Data Warehousing tools such as Snowflake, AWS Technologies such as AWS Lambda Functions, S3, AWS Glue
- Background in one or more BI tools like SAP Analytics Cloud, or Tableau or PowerBI
- Proven ability to lead with DataOps approach using tools like github, dbt, JIRA creating transparent and automated CI/CD pipelines.
This role requires being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as per STEMCELL’s vaccination policy, the current recommendations by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and as required by public health orders in place from time to time.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here. If you are interested to apply for the position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before July 13, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Senior Data Engineer (Stemcell Technologies).