Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers — like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® — our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you’re interested in our biggest priority, it’s our people.
We’re currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Activision Data has an excellent opportunity for an engineer to join our team on the front lines of data-gathering for Activision titles. As part of the Instrumentation group, you would be diving into a vast array of different game systems, including client & server runtime code, as well as pipeline and tools, writing code and script to gather data in a manner that is performant, memory-efficient, and robust to changes in other systems.
You’d be working with a dedicated group of game developers, data engineers, data scientists, analysts, producers and project managers, in everything from the requirements gathering and structuring of events, to the implementation in-game, to assisting with backend testing. You would approach all systems and interactions with a customer-first focus, and have a proven understanding of the trade-offs between rapid solutions and overall stability
- Take ownership of the data from a variety of game systems
- Work closely with game studio engineers and designers to implement efficient data gathering solutions
- Provide mentorship and support for our telemetry SDK, and be an ambassador to Activision studios for the Data team.
- Contribute to the improvement of data instrumentation methodologies across the organization
- Troubleshoot data issues with online and multiplayer features
- Work within studio deadlines for instrumentation requirements
- Experience with multi-platform game development
- Comfortable working in large code bases, and with large remote teams
- Proficient in C/C++
- Familiar with game-side scripting languages, e.g. Lua
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python, Java, C# is desirable
- Familiarity with standard formats used in data transmission, eg. Google protobuf
- Familiarity with modern database technologies, and ability to write basic SQL queries
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world’s largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for ‘Every World’ – we’ve got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, kindly send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Software Engineer (Demonware)