Who you are: A Graphic Designer who gets excited about creating ads, YouTube thumbnails, social posts and branding for new campaigns.
To apply: Please include a website or link to your portfolio. You must provide this in order to be considered for the role.
We want YOU to bring your unique self to work and play. We are committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and care about learning (and unlearning), celebrating, and adapting our processes for continual improvement. At any stage in our hiring process, please let us know if you require any accommodations. We will do our best to provide reasonable accommodation.
What’s in it for you:
- Career Development. You’re joining a growing team. The opportunities in this role are limited only by your imagination.
- Benefits. Physical & Mental health benefits, prescriptions, dental, and vision benefits – we care about our employees and we want to make sure YOU have the benefits you need to stay healthy and well.
- Paid time off. We understand and value the importance of rest and recovery and that includes time away from work! (Plus, you’ll get your birthday off 🥳.)
- On-site gym. We have a miniature “iron paradise” you’re welcome (encouraged, even) to use at your leisure. (As long as it doesn’t interfere with the VP of Marketing’s leg days).
- Onsite SNACKS. Including beer (yes, beer), kombucha, Cliff bars, and a delicious assortment of cheeses.
The Graphic Designer is responsible for working with various teams to create promotional graphics for all of the Musora brands.
- Social media post designs.
- Social media channel designs.
- Digital advertisement design.
- Thumbnail designs for YouTube.
- Email graphic designs.
- Blog article layout & designs.
- Infographic design.
- Staying up to date with design trends.
- Work with members of the Marketing Department to design promotional materials for use across a variety of media, with an emphasis on digital.
- Creative for use across banners, social media, email, landing pages and more.
- Ensure that graphic elements meet job-appropriate specifications.
- Preparing design files in order to properly hand them off to marketers, developers and other designers.
- A design degree or certificate is a plus, but not required.
- 5+ years of experience in graphic design.
- Proficiency in the English language (written and verbal)
- Compelling portfolio of work that demonstrates experience in producing creative that generates results.
- Experience working on a Marketing team is a plus.
Skills, Abilities, & Attributes:
- Expert knowledge of the Adobe Design Suite.
- Excellent visual design skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with the team and form productive relationships across departments.
- Self-starter with the ability to proactively find problems and offer solutions.
- Ability to prioritize and handle a high volume of work.
- Excellent organization and workflow management.
- Ability to exhibit the Company’s Core Competencies, which include our core values of Empathy, Grit, and Passion, as defined on our website.
Effort (A typical day in the life)
- Mental Effort:
- 1-2 hours per day of routine mental effort for activities such as updating projects, general communication with the team & reviewing outlines.
- 3-4 hours per day of moderate mental effort for activities such as designing thumbnails or advertisements.
- 2-3 hours of high mental effort for activities such as logo design & branding.
- Physical Effort
- A typical day consists of 7 hours sitting/standing at a desk for a long duration and being able to look at a screen and keyboarding for long durations. You will get a one-hour break, and there is some flexibility in terms of when you begin and start your day.
- Environment: an open-concept office environment, as well as a studio environment nearby. Distractions/multiple demands (including other departments in your workspace, noise from surrounding studios, and potential mature language due to the variety of artists Musora potentially contracts.
Key Performance Indicators
- Thumbnail Click-through-rate (CTR)
- More will be determined as the role evolves
- Reports to the Creative Services Manager.
- No direct reports.
- Competitive salary, depending on experience.
- Onsite with the flexibility to work remotely some of the time.
Musora Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are a necessity and that all humans have strengths, skills, and abilities that are unique and valuable. We do not permit discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes all employment practices within Musora Media because we hire based on qualifications and business needs. We truly care about ensuring a transparent culture, where everyone feels welcome, heard, and appreciated.
Musora Media is the leader in online music education, with more than 15 years of experience, 100 million video views, 100+ staff, and 100+ instructors. We are looking for exceptional people who contribute to the growth of our brands – Drumeo, Pianote, Singeo, and Guitareo. We are dedicated to making the world a better place through music. We are looking for exceptional people who believe in the power of music and can contribute on a daily basis to the growth of our brands – Drumeo, Pianote, Singeo, and Guitareo – helping to achieve our ambitious goal of educating the world about the joys of learning music.
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of background checks and/or employment verification results.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
If you are interested in applying for the position, fill out the form below before October 7, 2022.
Applications for this position have closed.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.