Join a great Electronics Manufacturing Service’s (EMS) company in a new state of the art purpose-built facility at Glenlyon Business Park in Burnaby. Dorigo is focused on offering quality and achieving positive changes in everything we do for our customers. We are a manufacturer of technology products, from surface mount to full box build, for innovative design and manufacturing companies in North America.
Our team is growing and we are looking to hire a Test Technician to join our manufacturing operations at our facility in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, the successful candidate will play a key role in helping to deliver high-quality products to our customers by testing PCBs to diagnose malfunctions, using testing equipment, and applying electronics related knowledge.
Leave a lasting mark and become part of a great team focused on creating a seamless and transparent customer experience in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- Under minimum supervision, provide testing and troubleshooting support to our Manufacturing/Testing Department.
- Test assemblies and sub-assemblies based on approved procedures and specifications to ensure proper functioning and diagnose malfunctions.
- Setup and operate testing equipment such as voltmeter, digital multi-meter, etc. to test the performance of assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Conduct In-Circuit Tests (ICT), safety, and other tests as required.
- Interpret test information to locate possible problems.
- Troubleshoot to identify issues and communicate with testing team and other teams to resolve them.
- Maintain reports to document conducted test procedures and test results.
- Coordinate with Testing Team Lead, Product Engineers, Quality Control, and other relevant teams to communicate test results and resolve issues.
- Maintain a clean and well-organized work area.
- Observe all safety procedures and precautions.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- 2-3 years experience in an electronic production environment, preferably associated with the contract manufacturing of printed circuit boards.
- Post-secondary education in electronics or related discipline (minimum 2-year degree or diploma).
- Sound fundamental knowledge of digital and analog circuitry, including testing and troubleshooting of PCBAs from simple to complex, right down to the component level.
- Solid knowledge of testing and troubleshooting documentation process, including identifying and interpreting schematic diagrams, Bills of Materials, Assembly Processes, and Failure Reports.
- Extensive knowledge of test and measurement instrumentation including PC-based I/O and Data Acquisition hardware.
- Knowledge of electronics components and relevant computer skills are required.
- Soldering skills and ability to read and understand documents and schematic diagrams.
- Experience in an ISO 9001:2015 environment required, with strong desire to adhere to Lean Mfg. principles.
- Respectful and responsible team-player with willingness to learn and adapt to new methods and procedures.
- Willingness to proactively participate in the decision-making process, while being able to provide and receive constructive ideas/suggestions.
- Ability to work under time constraints in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organization skills.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude, mathematical abilities, and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Willingness to be cross-trained and to support other production work centers/teams when needed to meet production targets.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 5, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Dorigo – PCB Test Technician.