Employment Posting ID: Customer Service Accounts Rep 7 – Vancouver
Positions Available: 20 Part-time (up to 30 hrs/wk) / Casual
Job Location: Hamilton CC, Lower Mainland Region
We’re BC Hydro and we have a big job to do.
Keeping the lights on for over 4 million people across the province takes a lot of talented people doing many different jobs. From working deep in a generating station, atop a power pole, or behind a desk, whatever it is that makes you tick we offer challenging careers to help you reach your potential.
We’re investing more than $2 billion per year in major capital infrastructure projects to help meet the growing demand for safe, reliable power. We’re upgrading transmission lines, building new substations, and investing in our hydroelectric generation facilities.
We aim to provide meaningful and challenging work, opportunities for growth and a healthy work/life balance. We’ve been recognized for excellence and been named one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers for four years in a row.
It’s our vision to be the most trusted, innovative utility company in North America by being smart about power in all we do.
Provides BC Hydro customers with a reliable customer experience by responding to customer enquiries and requests through multiple service channels. Provides support on various collection and credit activities.
- Responds to customer enquiries and requests through multiple service channels. Refers customer enquiries to other Customer Service team members or BC Hydro departments as required.
- Identifies customer’s issue and nature of enquiry by gathering and reviewing information from various resources. Provides customers with an explanation of situation in an attempt to resolve customer enquiries or concerns. Escalates customer issue or complaint to other Customer Service Contact Centre team members for resolution as required.
- Processes customer transactions accurately per customer’s request. Ensures customer’s enquiries have been addressed.
- Collects funds owing on customer accounts. Contacts customers to advise of pending disconnections. Negotiates payment arrangements and negotiates resolution to disputes with customers.
- Reviews and processes credit reviews, insolvencies and security deposits. Prepares credit related documentation. Discusses customer account information with Legal department as required.
- Coordinates the disconnect and restoration of meters for non-pay and non-sign. Follows-up with appropriate parties on failed disconnections.
- Supports the credit administration process by performing such duties as: responding to customer enquiries for accounts referred to collection agencies, reconciling and processing commission payments to agencies, and preparing speed of recovery reporting used to assign collection work to agencies.
- Maintains currency of customer service practices and procedures, energy conservation programs and BC Hydro initiatives.
- Performs some or all the duties of the Customer Service Accounts Representative 5 job as required.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job such as participating in customer service pilot programs.
- High school graduation diploma or equivalent education (such as GED certificate or B.C. Adult Graduation Diploma).
- One (1) year of experience in a Customer Service role. Post-secondary education considered an asset.
- Requires completion of BC Hydro’s in-house Customer Service Representative Training Program within six (6) weeks of starting in the job.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE). http://moveuptogether.ca
- The hourly rate for this role will be $18.96 plus 17.58% in lieu of benefits and paid time off ($22.29 total).
- In this casual role we will aim to provide 20 to 30 hours/ week. (If the need arises you could work up to 37.5 hours/week on occasion).
- The training classes will require full time availability from January 10th for approximately 8 weeks 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Training will be completed remotely (online) and or on site.
- The hours of contact centre operation are: Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. (+ time as the call cue needs to be cleared after 8:00pm) Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Sundays and Holidays.
- Please note this is a Group 7A MoveUP role and falls under MOU#85.
- This opportunity is based in Downtown Vancouver, BC.
- These positions have the option to work full time in the office with safety measures in place or 4 days at home and 1 day in the office each week.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe. We are here for our customers. We are one team. We include everyone. We act with integrity and respect. We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com .
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 11, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: BC Hydro – Customer Service Accounts Reps.