We’re looking for a Junior Accountant to join our Finance team! You’re a self-starter and care about the details.
You’re curious, ask questions, and find ways to make positive improvements to workflows and processes.
If this sounds like you, you need to read on.
We want YOU to bring your unique self to work and play. We are committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and care about learning (and unlearning), celebrating, and adapting our processes for continual improvement. At any stage in our hiring process, please let us know if you require any accommodations. We will do our best to provide reasonable accommodation.
What’s in it for you:
- Career Development. You’re joining a growing team. The opportunities in this role are limited only by your imagination.
- Benefits. Physical & mental health benefits, prescriptions, dental, and vision benefits – we care about our employees and we want to make sure YOU have the benefits you need to stay healthy and well.
- Paid time off. We understand and value the importance of rest and recovery and that includes time away from work! (Plus, you’ll get your birthday off 🥳.)
- On-site gym. We have a miniature “iron paradise” you’re welcome (encouraged, even) to use at your leisure.
- Onsite SNACKS. Including beer (yes, beer), kombucha, Cliff bars, and a delicious assortment of cheeses.
The Junior Accountant will manage the general ledger and payroll. They will maintain the integrity of general ledger accounts to provide accurate, timely, and relevant reporting of financial information.
- Proficient in the English language (written and verbal)
- Working towards an accounting designation (CPA) plus a minimum of 3 years of experience in full-cycle accounting
- Comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Experience with Sage Intacct or similar ERP software
- Experience with Payworks or similar payroll software
- Experience with nondomestic currency accounting
- Advanced level Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
Skills, Abilities and Other Attributes
- Ability to exhibit the Company’s Core Competencies, which include our three core values: Empathy, Passion, and Grit, as defined on our company website.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, evolving work environment
- Ability to think outside the box for ways to improve current processes
- Highly detail oriented and organized
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-starter with the initiative and ownership to complete their tasks
- Ensure the integrity of the balance sheets for 3 operating companies and 1 holding company
- Reconcile and verify general ledger accounts on a monthly basis to ensure all entries are accurate and supported by source documents as per accounting standards and government regulations
- Post transactions, adjustments, accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, amortization, interdepartmental and intercompany entries
- Post monthly bulk sales, taxes, and inventory giveaways
- Maintain the capital asset amortization schedule to ensure correct and up-to-date
- Payroll processing for approximately 100 employees and related reporting. Issuance of T4’s, T4A’s, and T5’s. Maintain compliance with Canada Revenue Agency, Worksafe BC, Employment Standards, and the Employer Health Tax.
- Commercial insurance coverage and renewal
- Some building strata duties, including insurance and books
- Some accounts payable/receivable assistance and vacation relief
- Reports to: Controller
- Salary range – $50-65,000
- Remote/Onsite/Hybrid – Onsite
- Three (3) weeks of paid time off/personal time
Musora Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are a necessity and that all humans have strengths, skills, and abilities that are unique and valuable. We do not permit discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes all employment practices within Musora Media because we hire based on qualifications and business needs. We truly care about ensuring a transparent culture, where everyone feels welcome, heard, and appreciated.
Musora Media is the leader in online music education, with more than 15 years of experience, 100 million video views, 100+ staff, and 100+ instructors. We are looking for exceptional people who contribute to the growth of our brands – Drumeo, Pianote, Singeo, and Guitareo. We are dedicated to making the world a better place through music. We are looking for exceptional people who believe in the power of music and can contribute on a daily basis to the growth of our brands – Drumeo, Pianote, Singeo, and Guitareo – helping to achieve our ambitious goal of educating the world about the joys of learning music.
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of background checks and/or employment verification results.
We would love it if you could provide us with a cover letter highlighting your experience and interest in this role. Special attention will be paid to applications with a cover letter.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
If you are interested in applying for the position, fill out the form below before November 22, 2022.
Applications for this position have closed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.