Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
The role: Senior Financial Accountant
Who are you?
The Senior Financial Accountant will be responsible for components of the financial reporting cycle including preparation of the consolidated financial statements. Outside of the reporting process this individual will play a key role in ongoing process improvements and will work closely with the finance and internal teams.
- Assist with immediate retrospective transition from ASPE to IFRS, including performing calculations and IFRS accounting research.
- Preparation of monthly financial statements and monthly reports.
- Preparation of calculations and accruals including: depreciation, IFRS 16 leases, share-based payments, deferred taxes and fair values.
- Preparation of account reconciliations and monthly analysis.
- Maintain share capital register.
- Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements and MD&A.
- Perform research on IFRS accounting issues and keep up to date on new pronouncements.
- Perform research and benchmark against peer IFRS disclosures.
- Experience with deferred taxes an asset.
- Ad hoc financial reporting tasks as required.
- 4+ years of experience in a combination of private companies, publicly traded companies and/or accounting firm experience.
- Professional Accounting Designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Strong knowledge of IFRS reporting requirements.
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Proficient with MS Office Applications including Dynamics D365BC and Power BI.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
If you are interested in applying for the position, fill out the form below before October 7, 2022.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.