It’s one of the toughest jobs on the team.
You need to be creative but organized; original but on top of trends; bold but empathetic. And, ideally, you need to play the drums – because drummers are a little weird.
Drumming calls to the musical misfits – the people who see an instrument that is LOUD, physically demanding, and difficult to lug around and say “yup… that’s the one I want to play.”
We’re looking for somebody who understands these mavericks of the musical world and has the marketing experience & social prowess to help us connect with them on a deeper level – a Drumeo Social Media Manager.
We want YOU to bring your unique self to work and play. We are committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and care about learning (and unlearning), celebrating, and adapting our processes for continual improvement. At any stage in our hiring process, please let us know if you require any accommodations. We will do our best to provide reasonable accommodation.
What’s in it for you:
- Career Development. You’re joining a growing team. And as such, there’s room to learn, develop, and evolve in your professional career.. The opportunities in this role are limited only by your imagination.
- Benefits. Physical & mental health benefits, prescriptions, dental, and vision benefits – we care about our employees and we want to make sure YOU have the benefits you need to stay healthy and well.
- Paid time off. We understand and value the importance of rest and recovery and that includes time away from work! (Plus, you’ll get your birthday off 🥳.)
- Onsite gym. We have a miniature “iron paradise” you’re welcome (encouraged, even) to use at your leisure. (As long as it doesn’t interfere with the Marketing Manager + VP of Marketing’s leg days).
- Onsite SNACKS. Including beer (yes, beer), kombucha, Cliff bars, and a delicious assortment of cheeses.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for the strategy, content, and engagement for all of Drumeo’s social channels.
- 3+ years of social media experience.
- Excellent copywriting skills.
- Working knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics.
- Proficient in the English language, verbal and written.
Skills, Abilities and Other Attributes
- Ability to exhibit our Company’s Core Competencies which include our Core Values: Empathy, Grit, and Passion, as defined on our website.
- Organization. Drumeo has a growing team. That means you’ll need to stay on top of multiple schedules, studio bookings and more to ensure we’re hitting marketing deadlines.
- Detail Oriented. Millions of people see the words we write and the videos we release. You need to catch spelling errors, identify schedule conflicts, and have deep empathy for our audiences.
- Education. Ideally, you’ll have a minimum of two years and preferably a 4-year degree in a business-related university program.
- Drummer OR Drum Enthusiast. You love drumming – and preferably have experience playing the drums. (I.E. You know what a paradiddle is.)
You will be the sole owner of managing Drumeo’s social media channels:
- Manage a consistent posting schedule, engage with Drumeo’s audience, and maintain excellent channel health on all major social platforms:
- YouTube (1-2 videos per week)
- Instagram (1-2 posts per day)
- Facebook (Post as necessary)
- TikTok (1-2 posts per day)
- Content Curation & Creation
- Collaborate with production & creative teams to facilitate the production of original social content
- Generate and edit your own engaging content
- Aesthetics and branding of all social channels
- Logos, thumbnails, cover images, profile pictures, and layouts
- Monitor & implement lead generation initiatives
- Giveaways, valuable free resources, outlining graphics & carousels
- Stay up to date with emerging social trends, tools, platforms, features, and opportunities
- Maintain a social media calendar for all platforms.
- Maintain social media best practices across all social platforms.
- Collaborate with Drumeo marketing & marketing leadership for brand positioning and consistency.
- Report on social media performance each week.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) (What you will be measured on)
For all major social platforms, your performance will be based on:
- Lead Generation
- You will report to the Drumeo Marketing Director.
- Compensation. This position pays $60,000 (negotiable, based on experience).
- Location. Onsite at our Abbotsford, BC office – hybrid work is an option after an onboarding period
- Full Time.
Musora Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are a necessity and that all humans have strengths, skills, and abilities that are unique and valuable. We do not permit discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes all employment practices within Musora Media because we hire based on qualifications and business needs. We truly care about ensuring a transparent culture, where everyone feels welcome, heard, and appreciated.
Musora Media is the leader in online music education, with more than 15 years of experience, 100 million video views, 100+ staff, and 100+ instructors. We are looking for exceptional people who contribute to the growth of our brands – Drumeo, Pianote, Singeo, and Guitareo. We are dedicated to making the world a better place through music. We are looking for exceptional people who believe in the power of music and can contribute on a daily basis to the growth of our brands – Drumeo, Pianote, Singeo, and Guitareo – helping to achieve our ambitious goal of educating the world about the joys of learning music.
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of background checks and/or employment verification results.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
If you are interested in applying for the position, fill out the form below before October 7, 2022.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.