StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico and has developed apartment style, town home style, detached houses and luxury condominiums throughout Western Canada with projects ranging from innovative urban development to historic retrofits. StreetSide Developments operates in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. To learn more, click here.
At StreetSide Developments, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program and employee discounts.
Reporting to the Director, Development, as the Assistant Manager, Development you will provide support to the Development team. You provide leadership and assist in managing all aspects of multi-family construction projects.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Analyzing site feasibility and completing due diligence for purchase agreements.
• Preparing and updating project proformas regularly to ensure budget accuracy.
• Analyzing consultant budgets, municipal fee budgets, and civil servicing scopes.
• Assisting in selecting and managing consultants through design development and approvals.
• Securing approvals and entitlements, including development and building approvals from municipal authorities.
• Managing development schedules to achieve timely municipal approvals.
• Ensuring collaboration and communication with Development, Construction and Sales & Marketing teams.
• Staying current on planning initiatives and fostering positive relationships with municipal staff.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
• A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation as well as write and present in a persuasive and influencing manner.
• An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
• Detailed oriented; you focus on detailed accuracy when dealing with a high volume of work.
• A creative thinker; you identify new ideas, techniques and opportunities to improve performance and productivity.
• Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in Real Estate, or equivalent.
• Minimum 1 year of development related experience.
• Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
• Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
• Experience working in the Real Estate Development industry is preferred.
What We Value
• Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
• Taking responsibility for the outcome of decisions and actions.
• Cooperating with team members in a supportive and respectful manner.
• Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
• Staying current with technical job skills.
You primarily work in an office setting during regular business hours. Some travel to off-site meetings and overtime may occasionally be required.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reasons to come to work every day.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, kindly send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 31, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Assistant Development Manager – StreetSide Developments