StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico and has developed apartment style, town home style, detached houses and luxury condominiums throughout Western Canada with projects ranging from innovative urban development to historic retrofits. StreetSide Developments operates in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
At StreetSide Developments, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program and employee discounts.
Reporting to the Director, Construction, as the Multi-family Construction Project Manager you will oversee all aspects of construction projects. You also effectively manage resources and processes to ensure projects are completed within budgets and timelines as well as in accordance with Qualico’s quality standard.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Preparing and monitoring project designs, schedules, budgets and contracts to ensure accuracy of information and adjust when necessary to keep projects on track.
• Reviewing and authorizing invoices and/or purchase orders. Preparing monthly project construction Cost-to-Complete reports for review.
• Fostering positive relationships with subcontractors/suppliers while ensuring receipt of goods/services are according to contract terms and conditions.
• Coordinating and administering legal survey registration. Scheduling and participating in site inspection tours with city officials.
• Managing the coordination, administration and installation of preliminary civil designs, offsite improvements, utilities, subgrade preparation, and finished surfaces.
• Collaborating with project consultants to develop working drawings and detailed designs. Administering design changes where required and ensuring proper supporting documentation.
• Coordinating shop drawing sign-offs and integration between trades.
• Reviewing Request for Information and collaborating with consultants to effectively instruct trades to ensure all noted issues are resolved.
• Reviewing building permit and construction drawings to analyze project constructability while identifying opportunities for value engineering. Scrutinizing in-progress projects to identify and rectify design deficiencies or problems.
• Promoting safe work environment to ensure compliance with Qualico’s Safety Program and relevant safety regulations.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
• A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation as well as write and present in a persuasive and influencing manner.
• An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
• A creative problem solver; you think outside the box for solutions without fear of failure.
• A leader; you attract, retain, develop or improve the skills of others through effective coaching and guidance.
• Degree or Diploma in Commerce, Construction, or equivalent.
• Minimum 3 years of project management experience in the residential construction industry.
• Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
• Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Team, SharePoint and PowerPoint).
What We Value
• Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
• Taking responsibility for the outcome of decisions and actions.
• Cooperating with team members in a supportive and respectful manner.
• Staying current with technical job skills.
• Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
You primarily work in an office setting during regular business hours with travel to sites required on a frequent basis. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reasons to come to work every day.
Closing date: March 17, 2022
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, kindly send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before March 17, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Construction Project Manager – StreetSide Developments