Title: Senior Design Specialist / Architect (TV – User & Commerce Team)
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Work Location: Toronto, (ON), Burnaby (BC), Vancouver (BC), remote possibility
Job Category: Technology Solutions
Job Function: Network & Engineering
Job Id: 25882
Join us and what we’ll accomplish together
At TELUS, we are shaping the future of the digital home – from video to gaming to smart home services and health. Our customers expect a consistent, reliable, and high quality experience and we make that happen. Our goal is excellence, simplicity and reliability. The Future Friendly Home Technology Services team prides itself in providing the guidance to create an unparalleled user experience for our customers. We are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to evolve and maintain a best in class experience.
This is an opportunity to join the Optik TV, Entertainment & Home Solutions as a key contributor to a new initiative at the ground level, building the foundation for TELUS’ future digital home services through architecting new microservices and cloud based middleware platforms. You will set the direction and establish the approach for the evolution of our TV middleware platform to a modern and agile microservices based platform.
You have a depth of knowledge of multiple technological areas, including knowledge of applicable processes, methodologies, standards, products and frameworks. Your combination of software design, technical skills, business insight, and the ability to simplify and document complex solutions and processes are fundamental to your ability to guide the development teams with the implementation and delivery of the microservices. Your experience with cloud platforms, tools and processes, Microservices, APIs will be the basis of your success in this role. Finally, you thrive on providing technical leadership to the team on multiple development and operation fronts.
What you bring
- Strong background and experience in Software Architecture, Software Design and Implementation using Agile practices in an Enterprise space
- Proven experience on service-oriented architectures and microservices-based architectures
- Experience with main technologies used for microservices architectures (Kubernetes, OpenShift)
- Experience with cloud-native tools and cloud environments, products and services (GCP, AWS, etc.)
- Categories of technology that you should have a good understanding and/or hands-on experience with:
- Software and product development, cloud deployment and operations;
- Experience with monitoring and logging
- Experience with DevOps / SRE / automation
- Full stack DevOps experience starting from development to deployment in production environments
- Advanced hands-on skills with software development E2E activities and technology stack.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, critical-mind and decision-making skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to articulate complex technical details in a business context
- Advanced ability to lead and collaborate with diverse teams (internal and external) to effectively introduce and implement highly supportable applications
- Excellent understanding and strong attention to detail to architect end to end systems with minimal user impact
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or technology graduate with equivalent combination of experience and education
- Prior domain experience in OTT, IPTV and/or video solutions
- Experience developing future-proof TV technology designs based on a visionary understanding of customer needs, market and technology trends as well as based on specific requirements from our international customers.
- Experience in next generation technology solutions like Cassandra, MongoDB, NodeJS, NGiNX, Redis, Yii, Lithium and more.
- Experience with container platforms like OpenShift, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Experience with analytics platforms like NewRelic, ElasticSearch, Splunk, Adobe Analytics
- Experience using and/or developing on a Unix/Linux platform
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast pace environment where business priorities can change quickly
A bit about us
We’re a people-focused, customer-first, purpose-driven team who works together every day to innovate and do good. We improve lives through our technology solutions and foster a culture of innovation that empowers team members to solve complex problems and create remarkable human outcomes in a digital world.
You’ll find our engaging, high-performance culture personally fulfilling, professionally challenging, and financially rewarding. We’re committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability. Your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here. When you join our team, you’re helping us make the future friendly.
The health and safety of our team, customers and communities is paramount to TELUS. Accordingly, we require anyone joining our team to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
This position is closed and no longer taking applications.
In order to be eligible to apply for any other position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect.
You can register for the same here.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.