ISL 24R – Technical Analyst
Information Systems R24
This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC. For information about a specific location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager.
$66,557.72 – $75,884.38 annually plus 6.6% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
BC Public Service -> Citizens’ Services
Ministry Branch / Division
Information Systems R24
An eligibility list may be established for future permanent and/or temporary opportunities.
The locations listed are to assist applicants in searching for this opportunity. This position may be performed in other approved locations within the Province of BC. For specific information about a location, applicants must contact the Hiring Manager to confirm if working from that location could be considered.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
An opportunity to contribute your valued expertise
Dedicated to making life better for British Columbians, the Ministry of Citizens’ Services (CITZ) delivers key services that people rely on. CITZ delivers accessible, multi-channel services, through a single-point-of-contact service approach to people in urban and rural communities through Service BC, and delivers the digital face of government at www.gov.bc.ca. CITZ also provides support for the expansion of high-speed internet connectivity throughout the province, leadership across government to modernize information management and technology resources, trusted data services to government agencies, prompt and relevant responses to freedom of information requests, and statistical and economic research, information and analysis to businesses and the public sector. In addition, the ministry manages the Province’s real estate assets, technology systems and equipment, and leverages procurement to increase business opportunities and create rewarding jobs that contribute to local economies and benefit individuals, families, and communities.
A service-focused organization, CITZ strives to be a great place to work, where all employees feel both engaged and motivated to do their best.
Reporting through the Office of Government’s Chief Information Officer, the Enterprise Services Division (ES) enables government to deliver services to citizens by providing cost-effective management and supply of Information Management/Information Technology (IM/IT) services such as data and voice networks, workstations and mobile devices, messaging and collaboration services, information security, data centre and application hosting, and enterprise architecture. These services are essential for providing mission-critical supports to all government ministries, broader public sector clients, and Crown corporations as they deliver their services to other ministries and citizens.
ES is responsible for providing IM/IT Infrastructure and services that include essential work tools (i.e., desktops, laptops, tablets, productivity tools), maintaining state-of-the-art-data centres; preventing, detecting, and responding to cyberattacks; supporting critical communication services (internet, telephone, and email); IT Service management and technology planning. ES is also responsible for operational communications and IT response to events such as large IT incidents, Wildfire and COVID-19, by utilizing the IT Operations Centre.
Reporting to the Web Access Management (WAM) team lead the Technical Analyst designs, implements, and provides operational support, problem resolution and enhancement of the Province’s web access management and single sign-on (SSO) environments and its integration with identity information management and authentication services.
The role provides professional expertise in the creation of new and refining of existing standards and policies.
The Technical Analyst provides integration support for clients’ business critical technology systems within Access and Directory Management Services’ (ADMS) identity, authentication and access management services by analysing client requirements, providing expert advice, configuring access polices on behalf of clients, and working collaboratively with stakeholders to diagnose and resolve complex integration problems
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service – Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca).
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Alex.Strudwick@gov.bc.ca. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you.
NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition.
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below:
- Related degree or diploma (diploma must be a minimum of 2 years) in the computer science field. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a technical operations role supporting a complex application or mid-tier service environment within a complex network environment for a large, diverse, business enterprise.
- Minimum two (2) years’ recent experience supporting an application or mid-tier service on an Apache/Redhat platform. Experience must include, but not limited to, regularly applying patches, regular maintenance upgrades and participating in the implementation of major upgrades.
- Minimum one (1) year experience in a technical operations role supporting either of the following:
- SiteMinder Policy Servers, or
- Applications or products with SiteMinder Agents integrated with a SiteMinder Policy Servers.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience developing programming scripts to automate operational processes.
Preference may be given to applicants who have one or more of the following:
- ITIL training and certification.
- Experience developing applications using modern programming languages.
- Experience in technical operations supporting a complex application or mid-tier service environment for a large, diverse, business enterprise
- Experience using formal order, task, incident, and change management processes.
- Experience managing Reverse Proxy environments.
- Experience with application/service performance management.
- Experience with application or mid-tier service management.
- Experience implementing or supporting any of these products: SiteMinder Policy Server, SiteMinder Federation Services, or CA Directory.
- Experience implementing or supporting identity information management services or other web access management services.
This position is closed and no longer taking applications.
In order to be eligible to apply for any other position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.