Who are we?
Svante is a rapidly growing clean energy technology company making commercial-scale carbon capture and removal a reality and enabling global industries to play offense in the fight against climate change that will accelerate the global transition to a lower-carbon economy. The growing success of our company is owed to our commitment to our people, our emphasis on our values, and our innovative technology. Passion is put into what we do every day.
The role: Business Data Analyst – Finance
- Svante Senior Management Team
- Svante Department Managers
- Analytics and database software vendors
- Business data providers from across Svante’s functional departments
- Svante Enterprise Architecture Team
- Work with business leaders across Svante to develop, automate, and maintain recurring business review materials and dashboards to support strategic and tactical business decision making.
- Support corporate financial planning and budgeting processes, including input, maintenance, and ongoing reporting of actual vs. budget data, and related variance analysis.
- Develop custom ad hoc reports using business intelligence tools and execute database queries to support management reporting and analysis.
- Ensure integrity of all reported financial KPIs and metrics and contribute data strategies to support financial modeling.
- Collaborate with finance, operations and information technology teams to develop and continuously improve Svante’s centralized data ecosystem and budgeting, financial forecasting, and modelling tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration / Commerce (alternatively a bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, paired with an MBA degree, CPA designation or working towards a CFA designation); broad knowledge of finance and accounting principles, and financial analysis techniques will be essential in this role.
- Ability to understand and link strategy to underlying financial drivers of the business and translate this into detailed financial analysis; meticulous attention to detail and pride in quality will be key success factors.
- Experience working in a corporate FP&A function with strong knowledge of financial planning software will be beneficial.
- Expert knowledge of Excel and the ability to build and audit complex financial models with minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge of relational database concepts and ability to apply these to data warehousing and/or robust data analysis projects.
- Experience using Power BI or equivalent analytics platforms to create custom financial, KPI and operational data reports; knowledge of DAX and Power Query will be an asset.
- Proven organizational skills with proficiency in project management methodologies/tools to ensure smooth implementation of technical solutions; ability to work under tight deadlines and pivot focus as corporate priorities require.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and spoken communication skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Svante is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. This Equal Employment Opportunity policy applies to all practices relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, discipline, transfer, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment. All Svante employees share in the responsibility for assuring that, by our personal actions, the policies are effective. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
This position is closed and no longer taking applications.
In order to be eligible to apply for any other position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.