Qualico is a fully integrated real estate development company with offices in Winnipeg, Calgary,
Edmonton, Vancouver, Regina, Saskatoon, Austin and Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas.
Since its inception in 1951, the company’s activities span the entire real estate spectrum and include residential land acquisition and development, single-family and multi-family home divisions, commercial and industrial development, property management, concrete ready mix, building supply and manufacturing divisions. To learn more, click here.
At Qualico, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with
competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program and employee home purchase program.
Reporting to the Supervisor, Accounts Payable, as the Accounts Payable Administrator you will
administer accounts payable activities for the business unit. You also ensure timely and accurate
payment of invoices.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing, coding and entering invoices or expenditures for payments. Ensuring invoices are consistent with purchase orders and correct approvals are obtained. Resolving discrepancies as required.
- Scheduling payments to ensure compliance with prompt payment legislation and/or vendor discount terms.
- Preparing cheque runs, reconciling accounts, maintaining reports and completing various calculations. This includes items such as reconciliation of bank accounts or credit card statements, posting of journal entries, calculating hold back, self-assessed GST, etc.
- Maintaining database of vendor information. Responding to vendor inquiries and coordinating with vendors regarding invoices, payments and discrepancies.
- Providing support to other accounting and administrative related duties as required.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- Detailed oriented; you focus on detailed accuracy when dealing with a high volume of work.
- A team player; you contribute as a team member and share equally in the exchange of ideas, concepts and process outcomes
- High school diploma, or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of accounting experience.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and accounting software (NewStar).
• Diploma or Certificate in Accounting is preferred.
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
- Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
You primarily work in an office setting during regular business hours. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reasons to come to work every day.
Closing Date: October 15, 2021