Smythe LLP is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented Tax Manager with solid tax planning and compliance experience to join our growing practice in our downtown Vancouver office.
Smythe LLP is a member of Allinial Global and is one of the largest independent mid-sized firms in Vancouver and British Columbia. Established in 1980, we are recognized for exceptional work in the areas of assurance, taxation and business advisory services for private and public companies, family-owned businesses and not-for-profit clients.
We have a depth of experience and expertise in many industry sectors, including real estate and construction, hospitality, technology and resource industries. Our website is www.smythecpa.com.
As part of our Canadian Tax Group, you will work directly with clients and Partners to provide tax planning and compliance services to a diverse client base. The ideal candidate will be a Senior Tax Manager with solid public practice tax experience. This is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious individual who wants to work in a fast-paced environment with a growing firm.
This position generally requires working from one of our office locations, but a remote opportunity is available for candidates outside of Lower Mainland British Columbia.
- Manage and coordinate tax planning and compliance services for corporations, partnerships, trusts and individuals
- Assist with tax advisory and planning engagements, including drafting written memorandums and instruction letters
- Identify opportunities to provide tax planning and other special services
- Adapt and prioritize to address client service needs; advise clients by delivering high quality tax service and advice
- Identify and research technical tax issues
- Remain up to date on new tax legislation and case law
- Provide mentoring and technical guidance to staff
- Minimum 3 years of relevant tax planning and compliance experience
- Completion of the In-Depth Tax Program
- Senior Tax Manager with strong analytical skills, the ability to identify and research tax issues and the creative spark to formulate innovative solutions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with inbound and outbound cross-border tax compliance, including foreign reporting (T106, T1134 and T1135 forms), foreign accrual property income and surplus pools
- General understanding of the Canada-US Tax Treaty
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a passionate client service orientation
At Smythe we are committed to the development of our people and a competitive salary and benefits package. We offer ambitious people opportunities to challenge themselves and advance their career not only in a technical manner but also in business development and community support.
If you want to learn more about Life at Smythe, follow us on Instagram @lifeatsmythe or LinkedIn @Smythe LLP.
We thank you for your application and will reach out regarding on any updates to your application.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
If you are interested in applying for the position, fill out the form below before November 22, 2022.
Applications for this position have closed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.