ID 2022-1499 | Category: Engineering | Position Type Regular Full-Time
At Neo, we’re reimagining everyday banking from the ground up and shaping the financial future for millions of people in Canada. We’re a tech company consistently pushing for the next best thing, which provides many opportunities to grow and learn personally and professionally. Ready to materialize your passion into a connected purpose? Come join a high-speed startup in a community of high-achieving dreamers and doers, set on innovating the best solutions. Neo Financial is looking for full-time Full Stack Developers to join our team in Calgary. As a Full-Stack Developer, you will be collaborating with other talented devs; you’ll be a top code contributor and commit example-worthy code every day. You‘ll work on architecture, front-end (web) and back-end code while fostering best practices like agile, automated testing, code reviews, and continuous delivery. At Neo, you get to own code quality and own projects from inception through to deployment. Our tech stack is built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, Serverless, GraphQL, React, MongoDB, and AWS – but we believe great developers can learn any tech stack. Our engineering team casts a wide net of problem solvers and self-starters, who are all energized by fast-paced work and can adjust their footing swiftly on any given day. Make your mark with transformative products and technologies, alongside some of Canada’s most successful developers and tech minds.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop code with Typescript, Node, Apollo GraphQL, MongoDB & more.
- Create web-based interfaces and re-usable interface components with Typescript and React.
- As an experienced software developer, you’ll perform beyond any junior on the team: ramping up fast and delivering code consistently.
- Although you may not be an architecture expert, you’re learning the patterns and practices needed to build robust, scalable code.
- Participate in code and design reviews; give and take feedback.
- Actively work on high quality unit testing, and test your own work thoroughly before declaring a job well done.
- Participate in community events, or mentoring junior developers.
Who we’re looking for:
- Fluent in at least one programming language.
- Have worked on full-stack web projects professionally.
- Knowledge of our tech stack (or similar technologies); excitement and personal drive to learn what you don’t know.
- Ability to develop service-based backends: APIs, code, and data.
- Understanding of single page web apps built with technologies like React (or similar technologies like Angular or Vue).
- Understanding of infrastructure basics and debugging or maintaining code in production.
- Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art trends and announcements.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate. Relocation packages and reimbursements are available.
What will help you succeed:
- Adaptable, high-achievers energized by a startup environment
- Team players who love being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with designers and stakeholders
- Makers with a drive to finish, impress users, and delight customers
About applying with us:
At Neo, you’ll be working with industry-leading technology that changes the way we live and realize a better financial future. It’s a serious deal, but that doesn’t mean we don’t know a thing or two about having fun. Our entrepreneurial environment gets our adrenaline pumping and beats the regular 9-5 job. We’re in it together, always. Gain hands-on experience and be part of the future. Neo Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We are excited to meet with and hire the top talent out there. We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. Successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and may require a credit check.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, kindly send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before April 30, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Full Stack Developer – Intermediate (Neo Financial)