- Two years relevant experience supporting a core IT infrastructure
- Computer science degree
- Relevant technology certification
Type: Full Time permanent
Primary Location: Vancouver, BC
Salary: $86,144.00 to $89,158.00
Integration and Technology
Remotely from any location in BC or Victoria, BC
Hours per Week
Salary Range (per hour)
$47.17 – $48.82 (Pay Band 16)
$50.24 – $52.00 inclusive of the Temporary Market Adjustment
This is a Union Position (CUPE 410)
√ Are you a skilled IT professional looking for the next step in your career?
√ Do you want your work to be purposeful and rewarding?
√ Would you like to work remotely in British Columbia?
Greater Victoria Public Library (GVPL) is an innovative library system with one of the highest per capita usage rates in Canada. Our vision is to inspire literacy, lifelong learning, and community enrichment for all. Serving more than 380,000+ residents in the Greater Victoria area, we provide library service to 10 municipalities.
This role provides IM/IT project coordination, analysis, and support for system wide Greater Victoria Public Library services including the installation, configuration, maintenance, and administration of a multi-platform environment of servers, databases, applications, local and wide area networks, storage, peripherals, security, and associated systems. The position evaluates GVPL IM/IT needs, determines system requirements, and provides input into the IM/IT strategic plan for hardware, software, network, systems, infrastructure, and budgets. The successful applicant will have an active role in maintaining IM/IT security for systems, data, and network.
Education and Experience Our ideal candidate will have:
- Completed a Computer Science degree from an accredited academic institution and have two years’ relevant experience supporting a core IT infrastructure;
- OR have completed a Computer Science or Microcomputer Technology diploma and five years’ related experience;
- And have a relevant technology certification (including but not limited to Microsoft or Cisco Certification); OR have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Work schedule: Tuesday to Saturday; 10:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- Schedule is subject to change based on operational requirements.
- Evening and weekend work may be required.
- The annual salary range is $86,144 to $89,158. With the Temporary Market Adjustment currently in place, the salary range is $91,757.19 to $94,970.48. A comprehensive benefit package including extended health and dental benefits and a defined-benefit pension plan is also provided.
- The successful candidate is required to provide an acceptable police information/background check.
Applicants must meet the required qualifications (education and experience, skills, knowledge, and ability) as noted in the job description to be considered for the position.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to clearly demonstrate on the application how their education and experience meets the qualifications as noted in the job description. The application should also include professional development taken to date.
Applicants should provide relevant work experience as noted in the job description. Note: applicants may be required to submit verification of education.
Applicants may be asked to provide a demonstration of their skills and abilities in addition to an interview; details will be provided to applicants in advance to allow time for preparation.
If you ready to make a positive career change that will provide you with the opportunity to truly make a difference, please:
- Review the job description by visiting www.gvpl.ca/careers.
- Complete the GVPL Job Application Form found in www.gvpl.ca/careers.
- Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
- Quote “2023-06E Senior IT Analyst” in the subject line of your email.
Applications will be accepted until 4:30 p.m. Pacific Standard Time on Friday, February 10, 2023. Applications received after this date and time will not be considered.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants considered for interviews will be contacted.
This position is closed and no longer taking applications.
In order to be eligible to apply for any other position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.