StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico and has developed apartment style, town home style, detached houses and luxury condominiums throughout Western Canada with projects ranging from innovative urban development to historic retrofits. StreetSide Developments operates in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. To learn more, click here.
At StreetSide, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program and employee home purchase program.
Reporting to the Director of Development, as the Development Manager you will manage all aspects of development projects for the business unit. You also provide expertise to formulate strategic and tactical planning to meet target goals and control operational costs.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Conducting site feasibility analysis and due diligence on lands prior to subject removal of a purchase agreement.
- Managing all development aspects of specific projects as assigned.
- Preparing and updating project proformas regularly to ensure accurate budget reporting.
- Managing consultant budgets, municipal fee budgets, and civil servicing scopes.
- Selecting, engaging, and managing all consultants through design development and approvals.
- Securing approvals and entitlements, including all necessary development and building approvals from municipal authorities.
- Managing development schedules to achieve timely municipal approvals.
- Liaising with Construction and Sales & Marketing teams to ensure proactive collaboration and communication.
- Maintaining a thorough knowledge of building and planning initiatives, and fostering positive relationships with municipal staff.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation as well as write and present in a persuasive and influencing manner.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- A creative problem solver; you think outside the box for solutions without fear of failure.
- A leader; you attract, retain, develop or improve the skills of others through effective coaching and guidance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration, City Planning or Environmental Design.
- Valid Real Estate licence or eligible for licensing.
- Minimum 3 years of urban planning, development and/or project management experience in the Real Estate Development industry.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlooks, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Taking responsibility for the outcome of decisions and actions.
- Cooperating with team members in a supportive and respectful manner.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
You primarily work in an office setting during regular business hours. Travel to sites and overtime may occasionally be required.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reasons to come to work every day.
Closing Date: October 15, 2021