Foxridge Homes BC is an award-winning division of Qualico®, one of Western Canada’s largest fully integrated, privately owned real estate companies, with over 70 years of experience. Every year, more than 3,000 families across Canada choose Qualico as their homebuilder.
At Foxridge Homes, our focus is on building quality single-family homes made possible by our talented team of experienced professionals, most of whom have been with the company for many years. This, coupled with our highly skilled long-term trade partners who are all dedicated to offering thoughtfully designed plans, quality materials, and solid value contribute to building a great new single-family home with more style, more choice and more value.
As Metro Vancouver’s largest and most trusted single-family homebuilder, our communities can be found across the Lower Mainland including Coquitlam, Langley, and South Surrey. To learn more, click here.
At Foxridge Homes, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program and employee home purchase program.
Reporting to the Manager, Field Operations, as the Carpenter you will perform carpentry activities on residential construction sites. You also assist in ensuring construction of homes follows established design and quality.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
– Reading and interpreting project drawings and specifications, ensuring construction complies with building and safety codes.
– Constructing walls, roofs and floors. Installing fire-stopping and worker-related safety devices and hardware.
– Building and maintaining fences or barriers to keep the general public safe from hazardous work areas.
– Completing required repairs and handling general deficiencies.
– Complying with Qualico’s Safety Program and relevant safety legislation. Immediately reporting incidents or near-miss incidents to the Site Superintendent.
– Ensuring ladders, scaffolds and other devices are properly certified and in good working order.
– Maintaining cleanliness of construction sites, organizing materials and disposing debris.
– Completing other tasks as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
– Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
– A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
– An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
– High School Diploma, or equivalent.
– Minimum 1 year of carpentry experience.
– Knowledge of building codes and requirements as well as varying techniques for different construction processes and procedures.
– Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
– Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
– Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
– Physically able to kneel and crouch as well as lift, carry, push or pull objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
– Physically able to carry out basic construction duties.
– Prior experience working in the Residential Construction industry is an asset.
What We Value
– Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
– Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
– Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
– Staying current with technical job skills.
– Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
You primarily work on site during regular business hours. Work has exposure to noise from equipment/machinery and occupational hazards as well as dealing with inclement weather and dust. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reason to come to work every day.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 27, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Foxridge Homes Surrey – Carpenter.