Senior Programmer Analyst, Enterprise Integration
Kamloops, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology
BCLC’s two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC’s eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position.
Reporting to the Manager, Integration & Digital Development, the role of the Senior Programmer Analyst is to deliver professional integration services and solutions. This role will proactively resolve complex technical issues and use innovative thinking in the development and delivery of solutions and broader issues resolution. The Senior Programmer Analyst role acts as a consultative partner providing expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC, as well as external to the organization to enable the business to provide technical products and services efficiently and effectively.
- Performs development and analysis within a multivendor services environment.
- Collaborates with business and other IT personnel to integrate new requirements into software solutions.
- Works with vendors, and the business, as well as internal QA department on orchestrating testing and user acceptance.
- Delivers technical solutions to projects and reviews technical design documents from vendors.
- May act as a technical lead on key integration projects.
- Works with architecture team members in the creation of technical requirements and specs.
- Collaborates with Sr. Systems Analyst, business and architecture group on the technology roadmap.
- Works closely with other technology groups to provide analysis, expertise and development on enterprise solutions.
- Provides application support of enterprise integration solutions.
- Provides estimating and expertise to business cases brought forth during business planning cycles.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- University degree or certification in Computer Science or equivalent experience;
- 3-5 years progressively more responsible experience in a programming/analysis environment, with at least three years at a programmer/analyst level;
- Experience working on large projects with high levels of integration;
- Experience with implementation and maintaining of large systems would be an asset;
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience will be considered.
- Knowledge of Programming languages: .Net Framework (including C#, ASP.NET), Java/J2EE, SQL, XML, HTML;
- Knowledge of Middleware: Tibco Businessworks, JMS, WebServices, SOAP;
- Knowledge of Database: Microsoft SQL Server;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows systems, system administration, would be an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Strong computer skills – MS office suite;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and “Instant Win” in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers – and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
Ready to join our team?
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
Job Segment: .NET, Computer Science, Developer, Systems Analyst, Technical Support, Technology
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here. If you are interested to apply for the position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before September 30, 2022 with the following email subject: Senior Programmer Analyst, Enterprise Solutions (BCLC).