Senior Accountant (Vancouver – hybrid office/remote)
at TCap Private Equity (View all jobs)Vancouver, BC
We bring out the best in business. From early-stage startups to seasoned companies, we work hard to give businesses a brighter future. Working with entrepreneurs and companies to fund, evaluate, validate, build and scale startups and ventures.
TCap is growing, and we’re looking for self-starters to join our team. Based in Vancouver, Canada, we are founders at heart and look for people with the same entrepreneurial drive to support TCap’s portfolio of exciting startups and companies.
Do you like to take the initiative, serve and connect with others, thrive when there are multiple things on the go, and put your ideas into action in a collaborative environment? Join our team!
Senior Accountant (Vancouver)
Downtown Vancouver | Permanent, Full-time · this is a hybrid remote/office position
About our Finance team
We are people-first. Our team supports several businesses under the TCap portfolio where no two days are the same. We pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to the teams we support and consistently balancing precision with flexibility.
About the role
This is an opportunity to oversee and run full-cycle accounting activities for several companies under TCap’s portfolio. In the role, you’ll process and prepare accurate monthly financial information in a timely manner within predetermined reporting guidelines.
This role allows you to have a lot of room to grow and stretch your abilities as a finance and accounting professional.
Some of the portfolio companies include TCap, HotelFurniture.com, Neon, and Teligence, with more to come.
What you’re great at
Your keen eye for detail and ability to learn quickly will equip you in addressing the everyday challenges that come across your desk. Your quick pace will play a key role in building our world-class Finance team at TCap and helping the entities in our portfolio scale.
- Thriving when there are multiple things on the go with many priorities to manage.
- Getting the little things right.
- Leading with integrity and holding yourself accountable for what you say you’re going to do.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the AP/AR and Accounting Staff to ensure reports are delivered accurately and on time.
- Coordinate with the Accounting Manager to manage the team’s activities, communicate any issues in advance that can cause deadline delays, assist with removing roadblocks.
- Ability to step in to prepare hands-on journals on any full cycle accounting processes, including A/P, A/R, Payroll, Inter-company Transactions, and FX Revaluations when needed.
- Prepare consolidated financials for multi-currency businesses and provide insightful variance analysis.
- Work with project managers to determine revenue recognition on projects, and produce project reports and analysis on each project’s performance.
- Maintain working papers for various Balance Sheet accounts including Unearned Revenue, Fixed Assets, Prepaids, Lease Payment Schedules, Loan Schedules, Tax Accruals, etc.
- Review filings for GST/PST returns.
- Analyze accounting process, identify problems or areas for improvement and propose solutions where necessary.
- In this position, you may be responsible for implementing and adhering to approved security controls and procedures in support of the Credit Card Security and Computer Use & Electronic Communications policies.
What we’re looking for:
- A minimum of 4 years professional accounting experience.
- CPA designation or very close to completion.
- Understanding of accounting concepts and processes in compliance to ASPE reporting standards
- Experience working with multi-currency and multiple entities that have inter-company transactions
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel functions (including Pivot, V-lookup).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-orientation with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to deal with situations where information is complex, ambiguous or difficult to obtain.
- A resourceful person with a can-do attitude who knows where to find answers when the need arises.
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working with Sage Intacct.
- Experience with US GAAP.
- Experience with foreign exchange and consolidation.
- Accounting experience within a startup environment.
- Corporate tax filing experience.
What you can expect from us
- The opportunity to work from a brightly lit office space with up-to-date procedures, ensuring a safe and productive environment.
- A dynamic environment with opportunities to learn across a variety of industries and backgrounds.
- Competitive benefits package and wellness program.
- Growth culture with many opportunities to develop both personally and professionally.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, kindly send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before April 30, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Senior Accountant (TCap Private Equity)