Qualico Communities has been developing award winning neighborhoods and communities for over 60 years and we understand that integrity, quality, partnerships and giving back is important. A leader in real estate development, we put strong vision, planning and resources behind every project. We have designed, facilitated and built the highest-quality communities across Western Canada and in Austin and Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas working with local governments, builder contractors and residents. To learn more, click here.
At Qualico Communities, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program and employee home purchase program.
Reporting to the Vice President, Qualico Communities, as the Development Manager you will oversee all aspects of land development projects, including regulatory approvals and delivery of applicable permits and registrations. You also ensure completion of development projects within prescribed timelines and budgets.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Managing regulatory approvals and relevant permits or applications (i.e., Subdivision Applications, Development Applications, OCP and NCP amendments, Streamside Development Permit Applications and Water Sustainability Act approvals.)
- Developing and fostering positive relationships with various stakeholders (i.e., city administrators, municipalities, politicians, suppliers etc.).
- Working with related parties, including Accounting team and consultants, to review quarterly budget reviews and prepare annual budgets.
- Monitoring project progress, including construction process and collaborating with Construction teams to ensure all necessary documents are complete and up-to-date.
- Collaborate with Project teams to ensure efficient flow of information while promoting a collaborative work environment.
- Conduct market analysis and development feasibility analysts of prospective land acquisitions as required.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- Detailed oriented; you focus on detailed accuracy when dealing with a high volume of work.
- A team player; you contribute as a team member and share equally in the exchange of ideas, concepts and process outcomes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Urban Planning/Development, or equivalent education.
- Minimum 3 years of land development related experience.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlooks, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Taking responsibility for the outcome of decisions and actions.
- Cooperating with team members in a supportive and respectful manner.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
- Consistently meeting customer expectations.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
You primarily work in an office setting during regular business hours. Travel to sites and/or offsite meetings is required. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reasons to come to work every day.
Closing Date: October 29, 2021