The team at Foxridge Homes understands the importance of having a home that not only meets the needs and lifestyles of today’s families but strives to make your dream home a reality by offering distinct, well-designed floor plans, exceptional value and an unsurpassed customer experience now and for years to come. Foxridge Homes operates in Winnipeg and in the lower mainland of Vancouver where the company is the largest single-family house builder. Foxridge Homes is a single-family business unit of Qualico. To learn more, click here.
At Foxridge Homes, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program and retail discounts.
Reporting to the Manager, Production, as the Construction Labourer you will perform general labour activities and basic carpentry tasks on construction job sites. You also assist in ensuring cleanliness and organization of the construction site.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining cleanliness of construction sites. Ensuring proper disposal of waste and scrap materials.
- Collecting excess materials or supplies and transporting to storage facility. Maintaining organization of the storage facility.
- Loading and unloading construction materials, and preparing site for sub-trades including floor cleaning in preparation for flooring installation.
- Completing basic carpentry tasks, and supporting onsite team members or trades with construction activities.
- Installing and removing safety fences as required
- Complying with Qualico’s Safety Program and relevant safety legislation.
- Reporting incidents or near-miss incidents immediately to the Site Superintendent.
- Completing other tasks as assigned.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
Completion of middle school, must be able to read and write and perform basic math.
Minimum 6 months of construction-related experience.
Valid driver’s licence and access to a reliable vehicle.
Attention to detail, good hand-eye coordination and situational awareness of the physical work environment.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
Physically able to kneel and crunch as well as lift, carry, push or pull objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
What We Value
Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
Staying current with technical job skills.
Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
You primarily work on site during regular business hours. Work has exposure to noise from equipment/machinery and occupational hazards as well as dealing with inclement weather and dust. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reason to come to work every day.