Posting ID: BCH-R-8160-221021E1
Status: Part time (up to 30 hrs/wk) permanent
Flexible Work Role: Remote
Region: Lower Mainland
Powered by water… and by people like you
Providing clean electricity to 4 million customers takes a diverse workforce and that’s where you come in. We need your talent to help us build major projects to meet growing demand. To help our customers find clean energy solutions for their homes and businesses and to be ready to respond during storms and outages to keep our system reliable.
Working for BC Hydro is meaningful. And now, the stakes have been raised as we work towards a solution to climate change while safely providing clean, affordable electricity to our customers.
We offer a healthy work life balance, training opportunities and career progression. We’re proud to be ranked as one of B.C.’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. Join us as we build an even cleaner B.C.
- Provides BC Hydro customers with a reliable customer experience by responding to customer enquiries and requests through multiple service channels. Provides support on various collection and credit activities.
- Responds to customer enquiries and requests through multiple service channels. Refers customer enquiries to other Customer Service team members or BC Hydro departments as required.
- Identifies customer’s issue and nature of enquiry by gathering and reviewing information from various resources. Provides customers with an explanation of situation in an attempt to resolve customer enquiries or concerns. Escalates customer issue or complaint to other Customer Service Contact Centre team members for resolution as required.
- Processes customer transactions accurately per customer’s request. Ensures customer’s enquiries have been addressed.
- Collects funds owing on customer accounts. Contacts customers to advise of pending disconnections. Negotiates payment arrangements and negotiates resolution to disputes with customers.
- Reviews and processes credit reviews, insolvencies and security deposits. Prepares credit related documentation. Discusses customer account information with Legal department as required.
- Coordinates the disconnect and restoration of meters for non-pay and non-sign. Follows-up with appropriate parties on failed disconnections.
- Supports the credit administration process by performing such duties as: responding to customer enquiries for accounts referred to collection agencies, reconciling and processing commission payments to agencies, and preparing speed of recovery reporting used to assign collection work to agencies.
- Maintains currency of customer service practices and procedures, energy conservation programs and BC Hydro initiatives.
- Performs some or all the duties of the Customer Service Accounts Representative 5 job as required.
- Performs duties of a minor nature related to the above duties that do not affect the rating of the job such as participating in customer service pilot programs.
- High school graduation diploma or equivalent education (such as GED certificate or B.C. Adult Graduation Diploma).
- One (1) year of experience in a Customer Service role. Post-secondary education considered an asset.
- Requires completion of BC Hydro’s in-house Customer Service Representative Training Program within six (6) weeks of starting in the job.
This position is affiliated with the Movement of United Professionals union (MoveUP/COPE).
- Please note the location for these twenty Part Time Regular (PTR) positions are based in our Vancouver Contact Centre.
- The hourly rate for this role will be $18.96.
- The training classes will require full time availability from January 3rd, 2023 for approximately 8 weeks 8:00am to 4:00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Training will be completed remotely (online) and or on site.
- The hours of contact centre operation are: Monday to Friday: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. (+ time as the call cue needs to be cleared after 8:00pm) Saturday: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Sundays and Holidays.
- Please note this is a Group 7A MoveUP role and falls under MOU#85.
- *This opportunity is based in Downtown Vancouver, BC.
- These positions have the option to work full time in the office with safety measures in place or 4 days at home and 1 day in the office each week.
We’re always looking for exceptional people to bring new ideas, fresh thinking and the motivation to help shape the electricity system in B.C. It’s an exciting time to be a part of our team as we invest in our system and prepare to meet the challenges of tomorrow.
Our values guide our work. Want to join us?
We are safe.
We are here for our customers.
We are one team.
We include everyone.
We act with integrity and respect.
We are forward thinking.
BC Hydro is an equal opportunity employer.
We include everyone. We welcome applications from anyone, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
We are also happy to provide reasonable accommodations throughout the selection process and while working at BC Hydro. If you require support applying online because you are a person with a disability, please contact us at Recruitmenthelp@BCHydro.com .
BC Hydro has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires employees to have a full series of COVID-19 vaccine and provide proof of vaccination on request. This Policy is currently suspended but may resume at BC Hydro’s discretion. While the Policy is suspended, all new employees are required to disclose their vaccination status to BC Hydro.
Flexible work model role definitions
Our four role types identify the degree of flexibility an employee could have to work from home based on the type of work they do. The flexibility for an individual job is up to the manager for each position and the operational requirements. Employees also have the right to work full-time from the office if they prefer. All of our roles require at least some in-person time.
- IBEW/Field – No option to work from home
- Resident – Works primarily (4+ days per week) in the office.
- Hybrid – May be able to work from home up to 3 days per week.
- Remote – Works from home 4+ days per week
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
Applications for this position have closed.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or concerns.