We are happy to say that we are looking for an experienced Staff Accountant to join our team at Campus Support-New Westminster, BC
Position: Staff Accountant
Eligibility: Must be legally authorized to work in Canada
Position Reports to: Sr. Accountant
Job Status: Full Time
Location: New Westminster, BC
Hours: 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Salary: $55,000-60,000 Annually
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Specifically, the Staff Accountant will be responsible for :
- Maintain and reconcile balance sheet and general ledger accounts
- Post monthly journal entries including: Depreciation, revenue, payroll etc
- Perform Intercompany reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements and monthly reporting packages
- Play a key role in the interim and year-end audit
- Investigate and resolve audit findings, account discrepancies, and issues of non-compliance
- Support AP, AR, Purchasing, Refunds & Banking Team as needed
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Provide support for and lead impactful projects that will elevate the finance department
- Identify new areas for innovation and develop meaningful plans to facilitate change
- Support/lead the change process from inception to completion.
To be successful in the Staff Accountant position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Business/Accounting
- 2+ years of accounting experience
- Strong Financial Analysis Skills
- Strong Organizational and time management skills
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong technical accounting knowledge and a good understanding of accounting principles
- Previous experience in the private education field
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Experience
- CPA candidate
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction, including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Interest in pedagogical and multi-modal education approaches an asset.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- High standards of behavior, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and staff.
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of students, to provide feedback and treat students equitably.
- Learn and use technology to enhance the student learning experience.
Why Choose US?
Campus Support is the central hub dedicated to making students our top priority. We provide vital operational, marketing, and leadership support to empower each campus team in delivering an exceptional educational experience.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Diverse Ventures: We have expanded into online education, real estate, private seniors’ homes, and corporate branding.
- Collaborative Culture: Humility, transparency, and open communication are the cornerstones of our collaborative workplace.
- Empowered Teams: We believe in empowerment, learning from mistakes, and fostering critical thinking.
- Innovation & Impact: Our dedication to innovation and social impact drives our continuous growth.
- Thriving Business, Greater You: Our growing and expanding business opens up numerous avenues and opportunities for promotion. With broadening horizons, you can pursue various career paths aligned with your aspirations, allowing for limitless growth.