Title: Senior Technical Analyst
Job Type: Regular Full-time
Ministry/Organization: BC Public Service -> Citizens’ Services
Work Location: Victoria, BC – V9B 6X2 (Primary)
Salary Range: $75,552.53 – $86,175.83 annually plus 9.9% Temporary Market Adjustment
Closing Date: March 28, 2023
Job Id: 96835
An excellent opportunity to apply your technical expertise
The Senior Technical Analyst SharePoint supports, maintains and manages infrastructure technology products and related services, develops and maintains computer systems infrastructure technology policies, procedures and standards, and provides advice and counsel to branch and ministry staff, clients and vendors.
- Degree, diploma, certification or equivalent in the computer science field, or minimum 4 years of a combination of education, training and experience. Preference may be given to applicants with 5 or more years of experience.
- Experience with Microsoft infrastructure technologies, specifically one of the following: SharePoint On-Premise 2016, SharePoint On-Premise 2019, SharePoint Online or Power Platform administration. Preference may be given to applicants with experience supporting SharePoint 2016, SharePoint Online, Power Platform and Microsoft 365 technologies.
- 2 years of experience using Microsoft Technologies such as ASP.net, PowerShell, .Net Framework, SharePoint Framework Power Apps, Windows server technologies, and Structured Query Language (SQL) server.
- Experience managing projects, developing action plans, and leading project teams in technical projects in a large enterprise environment. Preference may be given to applicants with 2 or more years working experience.
- Experience coordinating resolution of technical and business problems while managing multiple tasks and priorities.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in the supervision of staff. Preference may be given to applicants with 2 or more years of work experience.
- This position may be required to work on call and/or overtime.
About this Position:
There is currently one permanent vacancy.
An eligibility list may be established to fill future temporary and permanent vacancies.
Working for the BC Public Service:
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
The BC Public Service is an award winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer.
Cover Letter: NO – Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed.
Resume: YES – Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying.
CRC – A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required.
The BC Public Service COVID-19 Vaccination Policy defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service. More information can be found here.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located at the bottom of the posting.
Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition which is March 28, 2023.
How to Apply
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.