Product Design Lead
Design · Vancouver or Remote, British Columbia
We believe the world needs a redesign.
Our vision is to build a better world through purpose-driven products. This vision rallies us, guides us and informs every part of the process – from an idea scribbled on a napkin to shipping a product.
Ultimately, we take pride in partnering with exceptional people to create products that matter. People, planet, and profit should thrive and grow together. This is how we do business.
Based in Vancouver, Canada, Neon is growing and we’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, we’d love to meet you.
Product Design Lead
Remote (PST – EST) or based in our Vancouver, Canada office
As Product Design Lead, you’re a doer and a leader. You will be responsible for spearheading the product vision and creation of digital products for Neon’s partners. You’ll work closely with our business development, product strategy, product delivery, and development teams, collaborating with partners to build digital products.
The Design Lead excels at interpreting needs and taking an innovative approach to solving complex problems that result in beautiful products. Not only will you bring leadership and expertise to the team, you’ll ideate, design, prototype, and test products to ensure that everything we build is nothing but first-class.
This role spans many design disciplines, including UX research, information architecture, prototyping, UI design, and visual design.
What you’ll do
- Prototype and design a variety of products – web, mobile, AR etc.
- Lead, manage and build out the Product Design team.
- Lead and participate in product team reviews, sharing, and brainstorms.
- Direct partner consultations to define the scope for partner engagements.
- Lead the design and creation of design guidelines and systems.
- Work alongside the strategy team to support or lead user research and user testings sessions.
- Communicate and develop deadlines with cross-functional teams to ensure the product is shipped on budget and on time.
- Encourage design-led thinking across all departments at Neon.
- Design an exceptional experience for Neon’s partners and our partners’ users.
- Find ways to create better ways of working with all departments and integrating our values into everything we do at Neon.
- You leave your ego at the door and judge ideas based on their merit.
- You have a deep sense of curiosity; eager to learn about our partners and their businesses.
- You care deeply about building products that matter.
What you bring
- You have experience leading a small team of designers.
- You have experience working with cross-functional teams to help clients define an MVP and later versions of their products.
- You can estimate client partner design engagements with ease.
- You are a problem solver with a knack for cutting through the noise to understand our partners’ needs, as well as users’ needs.
- You have the ability to translate client partner needs into designs that are both functional and beautiful.
- You navigate ambiguity with ease and can keep up with changing requirements.
- You are an advocate for the end-user, ensuring their requirements are met in a way that is as beautiful as it is functional.
- You bring a portfolio that reflects your strengths in building digital products, design systems and processes.
- You are an articulate and capable communicator; you tailor your presentations to your audience.
- An up-to-date understanding of best practices, development and trends in web, mobile, iOS and Material Design.
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- Benefits program
- Wellness program
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging client partners who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Collectively, we are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment of inclusion and connectedness. Our team’s strength is in the sum of our diversity of thought, self-expression, innovation, life experiences, knowledge, and talent.
In hiring our team at Neon, we welcome the unique contributions that candidates can bring in terms of education, opinions, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We value the perspectives and leadership of people who have been historically and systemically marginalized. Neon is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this role. If you require special accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, kindly send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before April 30, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Product Design Lead (Neon)