We believe the world needs a redesign.
Our vision is to build a better world through purpose-driven products. This vision rallies us, guides us, and informs every part of the process – from an idea scribbled on a napkin to shipping a product.
Ultimately, we take pride in partnering with exceptional people to create products that matter. People, planet, and profits should thrive and grow together. This is how we do business.
Based in Vancouver, Canada, Neon is growing and we’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, we’d love to meet you.
Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full-time
As a Product Designer, you will be responsible for the look, feel, and function of digital products. You will participate in ideating, designing, prototyping, and testing products to ensure that everything we build is of the highest quality, and meets our partners’ and users’ needs. This role spans many design disciplines, including UX research, information architecture, prototyping, UI design, and visual design.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with and support your team to design and build products that matter
- Apply your problem-solving skills and design thinking skills throughout the lifecycle of a product
- Participate in design reviews, ideation sessions and internal process improvements activities
- Being able to step in and raise your voice when you see opportunities for improvement
- You leave your ego at the door and judge ideas based on their merit
- You have a deep sense of curiosity; eager to learn about our partners and their businesses
- You care deeply about building products that matter
What you bring
- You have experience building end to end digital products
- You are a problem solver with a knack for cutting through the noise to understand our partners’ needs, as well as our users’ needs
- You have the ability to translate client needs into designs that are both functional and beautiful
- You are an advocate for the end-user, ensuring their requirements are met in a way that is as beautiful as it is functional
- You bring a portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and UI design expertise
- You are an articulate and capable communicator; you tailor your presentations to your audience
- You are curious; you ask the right questions, listen to people’s ideas, explore new processes, and take an iterative approach
- An up to date understanding of best practices, development and trends in web, mobile, iOS and Material Design
We’re big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- Health Care Spending Account
- Wellness program
- RRSP matching
- A beautiful, Gastown office and a flexible hybrid workplace plan
- Open-concept office & Team-oriented environment
- Creative freedom, flexible work environment, and ownership over your projects
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging partners who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Collectively, we are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment of inclusion and connectedness. Our team’s strength is in the sum of our diversity of thought, self-expression, innovation, life experiences, knowledge, and talent.
In hiring our team at Neon, we welcome the unique contributions that candidates can bring in terms of education, opinions, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We value the perspectives and leadership of people who have been historically and systemically marginalized. Neon is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this role. If you require special accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here. If you are interested to apply for the position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 28, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Product Designer (Neon).