StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico and has developed apartment style, town home style, detached houses and luxury condominiums throughout Western Canada with projects ranging from innovative urban development to historic retrofits. StreetSide Developments operates in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver.
At StreetSide Developments, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program, employee home purchase program and employee discounts.
Reporting to the Director, Construction, as the Multi-family Construction Estimator you will analyze costs and prepare estimates to facilitate the construction of new homes. You also provide knowledge of costs and benefits that support profitable business decisions.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
• Completing and/or reviewing project take-offs and estimating job files to ensure accuracy and completeness. Estimating material and labour costs, and identifying costs savings opportunities.
• Maintaining a directory of suppliers and trades while fostering positive relationships. Soliciting and reviewing quotes, and remaining up-to-date on pricing and options.
• Preparing and distributing purchase orders, change orders and other required documents to suppliers or trades. Ensuring accuracy and cohesion of purchase orders and budgets.
• Coordinating with Purchasing, Production and Construction teams on project changes, and contributing to team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
• Monitoring project budgets throughout the project lifecycle. Reviewing invoices, analyzing costs, and preparing regular cost-to-complete reports to identify variances.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
• Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
• A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
• An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
• Detailed oriented; you focus on detailed accuracy when dealing with a high volume of work.
• A team player; you contribute as a team member and share equally in the exchange of ideas, concepts and process outcomes.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Minimum 3 years of estimating related experience in residential or commercial construction industry.
• Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
• Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
• Comfortable using office equipment, Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Team, SharePoint and PowerPoint), and estimating software (BuildPro, SupplyPro, Autodesk, NewStar or equivalent).
• Education in Architectural Technologies or Building Development Technologies is preferred.
• Previous experience as an Engineering Technologist is a strong asset.
What We Value
• Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
• Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
• Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
• Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
• Continuously pursuing learning and growth.
You primarily work in an office setting during regular business hours. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reasons to come to work every day.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, kindly send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before March 31, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Construction Estimator – StreetSide Developments