Service You Can Trust
CWB Trust Services offers a wide variety of trustee and custodial solutions for individuals, businesses, and institutional investors. We operate with a deep understanding of the markets where we can add value. We have a proven reputation for comprehensive delivery of fiduciary expertise, safety of assets and dedicated service. Our philosophy is centred on providing clients with client-centric service, notable value, and tailored solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Trust Administrator, Operational Support to join our team in Vancouver, BC! The primary function of this role is the reconciliation of various suspense and Bank accounts using strong reconciliation and analytical skills, providing documentation of findings using Excel.
Do you have experience in accounting, specifically in the submission of year-end tax reporting requirements to the CRA, Revenue Quebec and IRS? A passion for being a leader and want to grow your leadership skills? If yes, we want to hear from you!
What your day will look like
- Maintain a high level of communication and rapport with the different teams and areas of the business
- This position has elevated targets as it is providing support to provide excellent services as a team.
- Responsible for delivery of efficient and effective Trust Services support services.
- Prepare month-end file, ensuring all documents are prepared, signed-off and emailed to various departments within established timeframes.
- Quarterly, perform count of securities held in the Vault, MIC and Syndicated Vault accounts.
- Assist to build and maintain regular department activities to ensure effective client contact maintained through the team to build relationships and identify and meet client needs.
- Perform the verification of negotiable instruments and security access cards held by CWB Trust Services.
- Provide assistance to Operational Support staff with reconciliations and auditing requirements.
- Continuous review of Operational Support procedure and policy in coordinate changes in alignment with trust policies.
Skills and competencies that will take you further
- 5 years banking/trust experience and a background in Tax reporting seen as an asset
- Leadership experience is an asset
- Very strong administrative, interpersonal, analytical and communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of Trust Policy and Procedures
Why work with us?
Winners of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Culture 2020 & recognized as one of 50 Best Workplaces in Canada by Great Places to Work
- Your voice matters. Help us shape our voice around important social & cultural matters.
- The opportunity to make a difference. Build a team. Make an impact. Put your mark on the CWB landscape.
- Physical health and mental fitness are priorities. Generous time away to practice self-care and family-care with 100% company paid benefit & support programs.
- Community giving. Drive economic prosperity in your community. Get involved. Volunteer. Fundraise. All with CWB support.
- Bring your whole self to work. Inclusion is a journey requiring practice & experience that results in a powerful outcome.
- Innovation. Learn. Grow. Enhance. At CWB we play to win. When we fail, we fail forward.
- Connection. Join, participate, lead an employee regulated group (ERG). Find a community within the CWB family.
- Organization wide coaching services. Strategic career design is something we work hard to deliver for all employees.
- Recognition. Peer to peer recognition program. Both “in the moment” and monumental!
- Financial rewards. Yup! We pay you too. Base plus performance incentives.
- Retirement investment strategy. You can’t work forever, so we have a RRSP contribution & matching program with financial advisors at the ready to help you make the most of your wealth.
- Company ownership. The knowledge and opportunity to impact the bottom line and be rewarded for it – every day, with our employee share purchase plan.