The position is responsible for coordinating and administering human resources activities relating to talent acquisition and management, payroll and benefits, HR information systems, data and analytics, and reports and records management.
- Coordinates and administers recruitment activities including requisition file management, application screening, testing and interview document preparation, interview and employment reference check scheduling, employment offer packages, and criminal record check processing.
- Manages HR information systems used by Team Members to access HR Team services and to maintain employee time and leave records.
- Conducts research, collects data, analyses information, and produces reports on a variety of human resources topics.
- Maintains and coordinates Team Member on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
- Applies knowledge of human resources legislation, internal policies and guidelines, and work practices to accurately respond to information and service requests from Team Members, People Leaders, and external stakeholders.
- Develops and improves the HR team’s records management, information access, and privacy procedures.
- Assists and backs-up the Payroll and Benefits Officer in the processing of the bi-weekly payroll and payroll billings.
- Produces a variety of written material including correspondence, data spreadsheets, and presentations.
- Coordinates Team Member and People Leader orientation to the performance management technology and monitors organizational progress in meeting cyclical process deadlines.
- Provides logistical and administrative services relating to the planning, implementation and evaluation of corporate, team, and individual learning and development initiatives.
- Leads the design and delivery of the student hiring program.
- Contributes to the team’s development of internal work practices (e.g., policies, procedures and tools).
- Provides orientation and training to internal and/or external stakeholders within area of responsibility.
- Contributes to, participates in, and supports organizational business transformation initiatives.
- Secondary School graduation or equivalent.
- Certification program and/or recent coursework in human resources (preferred).
- Some experience assisting with human resource administrative functions, payroll, and/or recruitment.
- Experience in a high-volume environment with numerous competing priorities.
- Knowledge of data sourcing methods and core human resource processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word (or equivalent).
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel (or equivalent).
- Intermediate knowledge of MS PowerPoint (or equivalent).
- Data collection, organization, and analyses skills.
- Must be willing to work outside of regular office hours when needed.
- Travel, and absence from home overnight, may be required on occasion.
- Applicants must be able to successfully meet the BCFSA’s security screening requirements.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before November 3, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: BC Financial Services Authority – HR Coordinator.