Reporting to the Manager Network Services, the Senior Network Analyst is responsible for the development, integration, operations and maintenance of all network technologies within the IT infrastructure. The Senior Network Analyst will participate in the design phase and provide input into the future direction of network technologies and management, analyze problems and drive solutions during testing and post-implementation and provide strong troubleshooting and implementation skills. This role will provide network support in the areas of data, VOIP, access, performance, surveillance, scalability, security, reliability, and fault tolerance.
The Senior Network Analyst acts as a consultative partner, providing subject matter expertise, analysis and advice to internal and external stakeholders, service providers and regulatory bodies, enabling BCLC to efficiently deliver highly available on-line products and services to our players.
- Researches, develops and integrates new network technologies into the IT infrastructure.
- Analyzes network performance trends, recognizes opportunities and proactively implements upgrades and enhancements.
- Analyzes and resolves chronic network problems and works with network vendors to effect problem resolution in a timely manner, escalating where necessary.
- Leads the installation of Network devices and systems into facilities across BC, including our primary and backup Data Centers, while meeting the build standards and guidelines set forth by the Network and Facilities teams.
- Designs a repeatable process for installation, security and configuration that allows simple operational processes for support.
- Liaises with and manages vendors, including development and oversight of RFP’s, contracts and Service Level Agreements.
- Manages internal and external resources through effective project management, providing status reporting to stakeholders and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Within a cross-divisional team, contributes to the design and development of the Enterprise Architecture roadmap and ensures compliance with industry standards.
- Ensures compliance with all information security policies and standards by performing regular audits and ensures software licenses, patches, firmware and security updates are applied and fraud detection systems and processes are maintained.
- Maximizes revenue generation through a high degree of network availability as facilitated by risk analysis and service management.
- Builds strategic relationships with other industry peers to facilitate information exchange and partnering.
- Develops, implements and maintains policies, procedures and standards pertaining to network requirements.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related scientific or technical discipline;
- CCNA, CCNP or CCIE Cisco certification preferred;.
- ITIL Foundations and a strong understanding of the ITIL framework and principles considered an asset;
- 3-5 years’ related experience in an IT environment;
- Extensive experience in implementing routing and switching technologies and protocols (i.e. OSPF, BGP, Spanning Tree);
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Thorough understanding of network security (i.e. ACLs, Firewalls, VPNs, Intrusion Detection Systems and Intrusion Prevention Systems);
- Through understanding of WAN infrastructure (i.e. Proxies, Load Balancers, Optimizers);
- Troubleshooting and Performance Analysis (i.e. WireShark, Solarwinds);
- Excellent time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills to manage multiple concurrent objectives, projects, groups or activities;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with vendors and contractors;
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and provide after-hours support as needed.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, kindly send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before December 9, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: BCLC – Senior Network Analyst.