We believe the world needs a redesign.
Our vision is to build a better world through purpose-driven products. This vision rallies us, guides us, and informs every part of the process – from an idea scribbled on a napkin to shipping a product.
Ultimately, we take pride in partnering with exceptional people to create products that matter. People, planet, and profits should thrive and grow together. This is how we do business.
Based in Vancouver, Canada, Neon is growing and we’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, we’d love to meet you.
Frontend Developer (React)
Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full-time
As our Frontend Developer, you will work on a variety of projects and responsible for taking the UX and UI of digital products and integrating them with back-end systems and APIs. You’ll navigate between setting the direction, developing code, and collaborating with the wider team. As a key member of a cross-functional group, clear and effective communication is paramount. During the entire process, you are keen to test, iterate, and debug to ensure an A+ user experience.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate daily with developers, designers and project managers
- Act as the bridge between the design and backend teams
- Be part of the broader product strategy, understanding opportunities and risks for partners and end-users
Here are some of the tools and technology we use at Neon
- WebPack, Babel
- You leave your ego at the door and judge ideas based on their merit
- You have a deep sense of curiosity; eager to learn about our partners and their businesses
- You care deeply about building products that matter
What you bring
- Continuous learning with a focus on best practices and a pulse on the latest industry trends
- Proven production experience in React in a professional capacity
- Bonus if you have experience with Typescript
- The perfect combination of technical and creative, understanding the vision of our design team as well as the requirements from our backend developers
- Passion to create products that are functional and aesthetically-pleasing
- Collaboration, patience and empathy to our partners, end-users, and coworkers
We are big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- Health Care Spending Account
- Wellness program
- RRSP matching
- Beautiful new offices in downtown Vancouver, featuring bright, open-plan workspaces
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging partners who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Collectively, we are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment of inclusion and connectedness. Our team’s strength is in the sum of our diversity of thought, self-expression, innovation, life experiences, knowledge, and talent.
In hiring our team at Neon, we welcome the unique contributions that candidates can bring in terms of education, opinions, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We value the perspectives and leadership of people who have been historically and systemically marginalized. Neon is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this role. If you require special accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, kindly send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before June 15, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Front End Developer (Neon)