StreetSide Developments is the multi-family division of Qualico and has developed apartment style, town home style, detached houses and luxury condominiums throughout Western Canada with projects ranging from innovative urban development to historic retrofits. StreetSide Developments operates in Winnipeg, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver. To learn more, click here.
At StreetSide Developments, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program and employee home purchase program.
Reporting to the Director, Construction, as the Construction Safety Officer you will monitor and enforce compliance with Qualico’s Safety Program at all assigned work sites. You also promote a safe and health workplace culture, and leverage opportunities to continually improve workplace safety.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Conducting site and location safety inspections to assess and document all information into the safety inspection system.
- Rectifying any unsafe conditions or acts, and taking immediate measures to mitigate risks and hazards when necessary.
- Leading safety orientations for new employees. Enforcing policies and legislative requirements to trades and all individuals assigned to company sites/facilities.
- Maintaining updated documentation of the work site Joint Safety & Health committee meetings for assigned work sites and locations.
- Administering first aid as required and appropriate.
- Assisting in the implementation of internal and external Certificate of Recognition (COR) audits.
- Investigating workplace incidents and reports of hazardous acts or conditions in accordance with Safety Program requirements.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the Safety Program procedures, and initiating changes for continuous improvement.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent.
- National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO) Certification.
- First Aid Level 2 Certification is required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to reliable vehicle.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check and driver’s abstract.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience working in a mixed use condos/commercial construction environment is an asset.
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
- Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
You primarily work on site during regular business hours. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reason to come to work every day.