- Requisition ID: 16388
- Categories: Audit
- Locations: Vancouver, Canada; Langley, Canada
- Position Type: Full-Time
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Enterprise Core Services group is home to a team of professionals who provide accounting and tax services in the Greater Vancouver Area to private enterprises of all sizes and in a variety of different industries. We develop our people into trusted private enterprise business advisors over their careers.
In this role you will be required to apply KPMG’s accounting and tax practices & methodologies to client engagements. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing practice which will provide opportunities for both career and personal advancement.
There is potential for this role to be based out of either our Langley, or Vancouver offices.
Assurance and tax hours can be obtained for those pursuing their CPA designation. This position will work exclusively on review and compilation engagements and consequentially audit hours will not be provided.
What you will do
Our teams of professionals help our clients’ manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client’s business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
As a Staff Accountant you will be required to:
- Prepare Compilation financial statements
- Prepare working paper files for income tax and information returns for individuals, companies, partnerships and trusts. Bookkeeping duties including preparation or review of investment account reconciliations
- Maintaining client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules
- Ensuring follow-up on notices of assessment and other communications from the CRA
- Provide support to team members in related tasks
What you bring to the role
- 1 – 2 years of experience in a similar role would be highly desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure managers are kept updated on file progression
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Strong time-management and ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel skills required
- Previous use of Tax Prep and Caseware/Caseview programs would be beneficial
- Strong accounting foundation, including knowledge of ASPE and file documentation best practices
- The seasonality of our practice for assurance and tax can accommodate flexibility in a work arrangement. Professionals seeking modified hours or full-time seasonal employment are strongly encouraged to apply.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
This position is closed and no longer taking applications.
In order to be eligible to apply for any other position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.