Vancouver, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology
BCLC’s two offices are located on the traditional, ancestral and unceded lands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam Indian Band), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and səlilwətaɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) Peoples in Vancouver and the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc territory, situated within the Secwépemc Nation in Kamloops. We honour and respect the people, the territory, and the land we are part of.
Joining the Business Technology team at BCLC means you’ll be working with cutting-edge technology to help build a world-class entertainment company. This is an engaged, innovative, capable group of talented individuals working in digital enablement, product delivery services, technology platform enablement, enterprise services, integrity and operations. This enables us to execute the purchase and validation of lottery tickets at over 3500 lottery retailers, manage a complex network of 12,000 slot machines and electronic table games across the province and provide the backbone for BCLC’s eGaming platform, and much more.
We have offices in Kamloops and Vancouver and can also support 100% remote (from within British Columbia) for this position.
The Senior Business Analyst is a member of cross functional initiatives across BCLC. This 18-month temporary position will specifically support the Finance Evolution Program and contribute to its goal of modernizing the processes and technologies within the Finance division.
Here’s what you bring:
- You lead analysis efforts to understand scope, needs, gaps, processes and solve problems to drive results;
- You are a skilled partner, facilitator and problem solver who works closely with internal and external stakeholders to explore business objectives, uncover changing needs and articulate these to guide innovative technical solutions;
- You thrive in ambiguity and is skilled in planning, uncovering gaps and working through detail to bring the right level of information to collaborate through the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and into implementation;
- You are a proactive and self-managing expert analyst, who leads with their analytical capability and structured thinking;
- You are highly adaptable and can step out of the Business Analysis box to actively contribute within other areas of the team to enable successful delivery as needed;
- You contribute to and foster a collaborative team environment with full involvement from its members.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Education and Experience
- A degree in a related discipline;
- 4-6 years of recent intermediate/senior level business analysis experience with an emphasis on research, business and IT; Must have extensive experience on large scale IT projects within a dedicated Waterfall or Agile business analysis role;
- Certifications preferred: ScrumMaster or Product Owner certification, CBAP, Six Sigma, PMP;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Advanced skills in eliciting, creating and managing requirements under Agile and Waterfall methodologies. High degree of expertise in capturing use cases, user stories and other supporting artifacts;
- Knowledge of the IIBA Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) knowledge areas and techniques;
- Advanced skills in planning and leading cross-functional workshops for business/technical requirements or process assessments;
- Expertise in collaborating and managing successful delivery with external IT development partners;
- Expertise in process analysis and documentation, and information modelling;
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Intermediate to advanced user of JIRA, Confluence, and Visio
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills;
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills;
- Thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with the ability to self-manage time and risks across potential multiple product team assignments to deliver high quality products;
- Knowledge of SAP, ERP solutions and Finance operation activities such as payroll and procurement would be an asset;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry would be an asset.
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians with the primary purpose of giving back to the province.
- Operate provincial, national and “Instant Win” in partnership with over 3500 lottery retailers across the province.
- Oversee 34 casino and community gaming centres across the province.
- Provide safe, secure and legal online gambling options including sports betting, casino style games and lottery.
In the fiscal year prior to the pandemic, we gave over $1.4 billion back to the province to support healthcare, education, community groups, and much more.
To help us achieve this goal, we aim to have the healthiest players in the world by establishing a higher standard of support with evidence-based player health programs.
To build a rich diverse workforce representing the communities which we serve, we welcome applications from people of all colours and cultures, persons with diverse abilities, and members of the 2SLGBTQIA+ community.
BCLC values work life balance and offers remote work options.
Relocation assistance is available for successful job candidates from outside BC.
If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance at any step of your application, please send an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For over more than a decade, we have been recognized as one of BC’s Top Employers – and we are constantly seeking ways to improve our employee and player experience. To learn more about BCLC, please visit: https://corporate.bclc.com/
Ready to join our team?
This opportunity will remain open until a qualified candidate pool has been established.
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Canada and be 19 years of age to work at BCLC.
BCLC requires all employees to be fully vaccinated from Covid-19 (as defined by Health Canada). Full vaccination will be required before commencing employment with BCLC unless a legal exemption is obtained.
Job Segment: Payroll, Business Analyst, Six Sigma, Procurement, Finance, Technology, Management, Operations
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here. If you are interested to apply for the position, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before September 30, 2022 with the following email subject: Senior Business Analyst (BCLC).