- Requisition ID: 13326
- Categories: Audit
- Location: Vancouver, Canada; Langley, Canada
- Position Type: Full-Time
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Enterprise Core Services group is home to a team of professionals who provide accounting and tax services in the Greater Vancouver Area to private enterprises of all sizes and in a variety of different industries.
In this role you will be required to apply KPMG’s accounting and tax practices & methodologies to client engagements and directly interact with clients and owner managers of private enterprises. This is an excellent opportunity to join our growing practice which will provide opportunities for both career and personal advancement. This exciting position will develop you into a well-rounded trusted business advisor and equip you with the business acumen to provide sound business advice to private enterprise clients. This role will give you exposure to unique accounting and tax issues specific to different industries.
There is potential for this role to be based out of any of our Greater Vancouver offices, including Langley, Vancouver or Abbotsford.
Assurance and tax hours can be obtained for those pursuing their CPA designation. This position will work exclusively on review and compilation engagements and consequentially audit hours will not be provided.
What you will do
Our teams of professionals help our clients’ manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client’s business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance. As a Senior Accountant you will be required to:
- Prepare and review Compilations and Review Engagement financial statements
- Prepare and review working paper files for income tax returns for corporate, personal and trust returns
- Occasional bookkeeping duties including preparation or review of investment account reconciliations
- Maintain client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules
- Communicate directly with the CRA on various client matters
- Lead teams of two or more staff working in the office and at client locations.
- Interact directly with client staff and owner managers
- Providing support to team members in related tasks and guidance to junior staff as required
- Act as a mentor to junior staff
What you bring to the role
- 3-5 years of experience in a similar role in public practice would be highly desirable
- Completed undergraduate degree and a CPA designation would be considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to ensure managers are kept updated on file progression
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- Strong time-management and ability to effectively manage multiple projects
- Excellent computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel skills required
- Previous use of Tax Prep and CaseView programs would be beneficial
- Strong accounting foundation, including knowledge of relevant accounting frameworks and file documentation best practices
- The seasonality of our practice for assurance and tax can accommodate flexibility in a work arrangement. Professionals seeking modified hours or full time seasonal employment are strongly encouraged to apply
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
How to Apply
Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.