Qualico Communities has been developing award winning neighborhoods and communities for over 60 years and we understand that integrity, quality, partnerships and giving back is important. A leader in real estate development, we put strong vision, planning and resources behind every project. We have designed, facilitated and built the highest-quality communities across Western Canada and in Austin and Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas working with local governments, builder contractors and residents. To learn more, click here.
At Qualico Communities, our people make the difference. We offer an exciting place to build your career with competitive compensation and benefit packages, company matching RRSP/DPSP program and employee home purchase program.
Reporting to the Vice-President, Qualico Communities, as the Land Acquisition Analyst you will provide support, research and services in the acquisition of land for future development.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Compiling industry information to present a high level view of future development opportunities.
- Preparing financial models and market analysis reports to analyze the industry.
- Staying current on industry standards and ongoing development processes and/or issues.
- Gathering land options for comparison purpose, assessing competitor projects and evaluating revenue values to support due diligence efforts.
- Screening acquisition opportunities based on investment criteria and requirements.
As our ideal candidate, you are…
- Organized; you effectively manage your time while balancing multiple priorities.
- A strong communicator; you clearly express your thoughts in conversation and in written communication.
- An active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- Detailed oriented; you focus on detailed accuracy when dealing with a high volume of work.
- A team player; you contribute as a team member and share equally in the exchange of ideas, concepts and process outcomes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience in the real estate industry.
- Valid driver’s licence and access to reliable vehicle.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
- Satisfactory verification of criminal record check.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or Real Estate is preferred.
What We Value
- Creating trusting and successful working relationships.
- Setting clear, measurable and achievable goals.
- Cooperating with team members in an open, positive and respectful manner.
- Staying current with technical job skills.
- Taking responsibility for the outcomes of decisions and actions.
You primarily work in an office setting during regular business hours. Offsite meetings are occasionally required. Overtime may occasionally be required.
Qualico is committed to the health, safety and wellness of its employees and the community. By continuing our commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace, Qualico has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees in Canada to be fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination, in the form of a provincially recognized document, must be submitted as a condition of employment. Our policy allows for accommodation in cases of valid medical or religious exemptions. Information related to proof of vaccination or exemption will be kept confidential.
Candidates being considered will be contacted. We thank you for your interest. Join our Talent Community to stay up to date on job opportunities and to find out why we have the best reason to come to work every day.
Closing Date: October 18, 2021