We are currently looking for a self-motivated, client focused People Advisor who is eager to take on new challenges and foster a collaborative team environment.
In the role of a trusted advisor, you will work side by side with the business to deliver high-quality, tailored service in line with business strategy and HR best practice.
You will ensure that team and department goals are met in a timely manner, while actively contributing to a dynamic culture in alignment with the company values of Trust, Nurture, and Inspire.
There will also be opportunity to work on larger strategic projects in the areas of Mentorship, Employee Wellbeing and Mental Health, Diversity and Inclusion, and Retention.
- Identify business needs that have implications for the People Strategy and work with the People Manager to develop and implement strategies to address them
- Identify new opportunities where the People Team can add value to the business
- Maintain knowledge of progressive HR practices and key market trends
- Provide strategic problem-solving advice and services to clients
- Coach clients on key areas including performance reviews, objective setting, development, recruitment, terminations, policy application and interpretation, compensation, development, employment equity, mobility, change management, team effectiveness and performance management
- Work in collaboration with the Talent Attraction Partners to address hiring needs
- Coach clients on training and development opportunities for employees
- Support on the delivery of projects as determined in the Canada Strategic Plan
- Create, maintain and provide analysis of employee data metrics and HR processes/activities
- Act as the point of contact for staff inquiries and questions
- Deliver on specific processes including benefits administration for health and wellness plans, leaves of absence, visa and immigration applications, updating policies/procedures, producing employee documents, employee file maintenance, and ensuring the People Team’s internal communications are effective and up to date.
- Special projects and additional tasks as required
- Strong ability to work in teams and collaborate with members of the People Team
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with clients at all decision-making levels
- Proven ability to solve problems and influence
- Adaptable and resourceful; a proven team player who takes initiative to ensure goals are met
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, rapidly growing environment
- Strong attention to details and follow up
- Able to maintain a customer focused approach
- Ability to prioritize and take action with minimum supervision
- Able to effectively plan and prioritize long and short-term goals and execute tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and belief in data driven decision making
- 3-5 years of experience as an HR Generalist, Coordinator, or other specialized HR function
- Post-secondary degree or certificate specializing in human resources or related area preferred
- Working knowledge of Canadian employment laws and best practices
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of key HR functional areas including but not limited to: benefits, leaves, performance management, recruitment and onboarding, termination, retention, training and development, etc.
- Experience in the architecture, engineering, construction industry or other professional consulting services environment or technical discipline is highly preferred
- Experience or familiarity with HRIS’ highly preferred
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and general administration systems and procedure
Our company culture is built on a TRUST in each other to NURTURE careers and ideas that will INSPIRE us to do great things together. These values provide the foundation for a heathy work-life balance and a workplace environment that fosters creativity, authenticity, and excellence.
Integral Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada
Integral Group is committed to employment equity and providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation for a disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify the People team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit to weekly COVID-19 testing prior to attending any Company or client locations or events, unless an applicable accommodation is approved on the basis of protected grounds such as disability (e.g.: for medical reasons), religion, or sincerely held belief (or creed).
How to Apply
If you are interested to apply for the position, kindly send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com before March 31, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: People Advisor – Integral Group