We’re looking for an Inventory Control & Procurement Specialist who wants to join a fun-loving culture!
Preference will be given to those who provide a cover letter – we want to know why you want to work here!
We want YOU to bring your unique self to work and play. We are committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and care about learning (and unlearning), celebrating, and adapting our processes for continual improvement. At any stage in our hiring process, please let us know if you require any accommodations. We will do our best to provide reasonable accommodation.
- 5+ years in supply chain management and inventory knowledge.
Skills, Abilities and Other Attributes
- Ability to:
- Manage day-to-day tasks related to inventory control including procurement, and logistics.
- Ensure ERP system accurately reflects inventory purchases, consumption, on hand, lead times etc. including root cause analysis and count discrepancies.
- Exploit technology available that’s not currently used within the ERP system to gain efficiencies.
- Identify pain points in the current supply chain process (from trigger to cut a PO through to the distribution of product to the customer). Prepare, present and implement improvements.
- Work with other parties in a collaborative fashion.
Effort (this is an estimate to give you an idea of what your day looks like)
- Mental Effort:
- A typical work day consists of 1-2 hours of routine mental effort for activities such as: reviewing stock, cutting POS, arranging freight, and negotiating with suppliers.
- A typical work day consists of 5-6 hours of moderate-high mental effort for activities like auditing our current workflows, providing recommendations on current workflows and implementing them (i.e. looking at processes to improve internal/external customer satisfaction).
- Physical Effort: 7 hours/day of screen time, 5 days a week.
- Material Resources: Fulfillment centers and a small amount of stock in Abbotsford.
- Financial Resources: Inventory data: on-hand inventory, costs, negotiations for terms.
You’re an Inventory Control and Procurement Specialist, a self-starter and you want to grow your career. You also identify with the following terms:
- Develop/support strategies for inventory availability; maximize service levels; minimize inventory.
- Partner with internal teams to define and execute the strategic operating plan.
- Proactively identify/address gaps to deliver on the company’s strategic initiatives.
- Perform data analysis to provide insight into internal and external customer demands, and identify supply chain planning requirements.
- Transform data into actionable information and implement solutions that increase business profitability, functionality, reliability, and efficiency.
Team Work, Collaboration & Relationship Builder.
- Proven ability to form strategic partnerships, build & maintain relationships and respect inclusive and cultural diversity.
Supply Chain Audit & Redesign
- Redesign /streamline supply chain workflow, policies & guidelines (onsite and offsite inventory)
- Research/source/investigate, and recommend new fulfillment center solutions for offsite inventory
Inventory Procurement & Cost Savings
- Research/source/investigate and select potential, new and existing suppliers
- Manage freight forwarding, ensuring the smooth transfer of goods at the best price
- Prepare purchase orders based on forecasted demand & appropriate inventory level calculations
- Manage inventory transfers between warehouses and wholesale inquiries and orders
Inventory Control Management
- Inventory reconciliations and entry of discrepancies in ERP system. Investigate the root cause & initiate corrective action
- Ensure the shopping cart system is updated accordingly for stock-outs or discontinuation of SKUs
- Ensure in-transit inventory including warehouse transfers
- Review dead stock and determine the appropriate course of action
- Environment: General Office Center.
- Travel may be required to our offsite fulfillment center in the United States.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI) (What you will be measured on)
- Inventory Aging
- Shipping Efficiencies
- Reports to the Director Of Finance
- Compensation is $60,000-$70,000, flexible and depending on experience.
- Full-time onsite at our head office in Abbotsford, BC, with the possibility to work remotely on occasion after 3 months.
What’s in it for you:
- Career Development. You’re joining a growing team. And as such, there’s room to develop into managing your own musical brand one day, too. The opportunities in this role are limited only by your imagination.
- Benefits. Physical & mental health benefits, prescriptions, dental, and vision benefits – we care about our employees and we want to make sure YOU have the benefits you need to stay healthy and well.
- Paid time off. We understand and value the importance of rest and recovery and that includes time away from work! (Plus, you’ll get your birthday off 🥳.)
- On-site gym. We have a miniature “iron paradise” you’re welcome (encouraged, even) to use at your leisure. (As long as it doesn’t interfere with the Marketing Manager + VP of Marketing’s leg days).
- Onsite SNACKS. Including beer (yes, beer), kombucha, Cliff bars, and a delicious assortment of cheeses.
Musora Media Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. We believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion are a necessity and that all humans have strengths, skills, and abilities that are unique and valuable. We do not permit discrimination or harassment of any kind. This includes all employment practices within Musora Media because we hire based on qualifications and business needs. We truly care about ensuring a transparent culture, where everyone feels welcome, heard, and appreciated.
Musora Media is the leader in online music education, with more than 15 years of experience, 100 million video views, 100+ staff, and 100+ instructors. We are looking for exceptional people who contribute to the growth of our brands – Drumeo, Pianote, Singeo, and Guitareo. We are dedicated to making the world a better place through music. We are looking for exceptional people who believe in the power of music and can contribute on a daily basis to the growth of our brands – Drumeo, Pianote, Singeo, and Guitareo – helping to achieve our ambitious goal of educating the world about the joys of learning music.
All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of background checks and/or employment verification results.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here. If you are interested to apply for the position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before August 1 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Inventory & Procurement Specialist (Musora).