We believe the world needs a redesign.
Our vision is to build a better world through purpose-driven products. This vision rallies us, guides us, and informs every part of the process – from an idea scribbled on a napkin to shipping a product.
Ultimately, we take pride in partnering with exceptional people to create products that matter. People, planet, and profits should thrive and grow together. This is how we do business.
Based in Vancouver, Canada, Neon is growing and we’re always looking for amazing people to join our team. If you’re ready to do the best work of your career, we’d love to meet you.
Full Stack Developer
Vancouver, BC, Canada | Full-time
The Full Stack Developer is responsible for developing and implementing new software systems for Neon’s engagements with their Partners. They utilise their previous industry knowledge and expertise to code applications. Through collaboration with the rest of the development team, the Full Stack Developer works to solve computing problems and build applications that align with Neon’s Partner’s mission, vision, and values.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate daily with developers, designers and project managers
- Be part of the broader product strategy, understanding opportunities and risks for partners and end-users
- Work independently to develop a fully functional prototype
- Visualise complicated architectures and break them down into manageable components
- Utilise Scrum framework for development and project management
- Understand the current technologies that are used in the software development field
Here are some of the tools and technology we use at Neon:
- Express / Apollo Server
- GraphQL, REST
- AWS, Google and Azure cloud providers
- SQL (PostgreSQL, BigQuery)
- C#, Python, Go
- .Net, EntityFramework,
- Continuous Integration
- You leave your ego at the door and judge ideas based on their merit
- You have a deep sense of curiosity; eager to learn about our partners and their businesses
- You care deeply about building products that matter
What you bring:
- 3+ years experience as a Full Stack Developer or in a software development role
- A degree in computer science, information technology or related field is preferred
- Continuous learning with a focus on best practices and a pulse on the latest industry trends
- Analytical mind with the ability to problem-solve effectively
- Collaboration, patience and empathy to our partners, end-users, and coworkers
- Ability to present technical solutions in non-technical terms and describe integration strategies of new software solutions
- Strong understanding of Neon’s Partners needs and how to create tools to manage them effectively
We are big believers in empowering our team to do their best work by offering:
- Competitive salary and benefits plan
- Health Care Spending Account
- Wellness program
- RRSP matching
- A beautiful, Gastown office and a flexible hybrid workplace plan
- Open-concept office & Team-oriented environment
- Creative freedom, flexible work environment, and ownership over your projects
- Partnerships with interesting and engaging partners who align with our values
- Fun and collaborative work environment with a focus on growth
Collectively, we are committed to cultivating and preserving an environment of inclusion and connectedness. Our team’s strength is in the sum of our diversity of thought, self-expression, innovation, life experiences, knowledge, and talent.
In hiring our team at Neon, we welcome the unique contributions that candidates can bring in terms of education, opinions, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, colour, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs. We value the perspectives and leadership of people who have been historically and systemically marginalised. Neon is an equal opportunity employer, and we particularly encourage applications from individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this role. If you require special accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here. If you are interested to apply for the position, send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org before July 5, 11:59 PM PT with the following email subject: Full Stack Developer (Neon / TCap Private Equity)