We are presently accepting resumes for an Application Engineer at our Langley location.
Thomson Power Systems, a division of Regal Rexnord Corporation, specializes in the design and manufacturing of Power Generation Controls and Switchgear. Thomson Power Systems products are currently operating in conjunction with power generation systems around the world.
• Providing technical support and solutions
• Ability to read and understand electrical drawings and specifications
• Create technical-commercial sales quotations
• Support manufacturer’s representatives and our sales force
• Order processing and update ERP system
• Project coordination
• Power Engineering Degree preferred
• Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• High level of attention to details
• Able to multi-task with strong organizational skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Problem solving skills
• Strong skills in Microsoft Office applications and ERP system
• Proficiency in both written and spoken English
• Ability to interpreting engineered electrical drawings and specifications
• Knowledge of Low Voltage and Medium Voltage switchgear, paralleling controls, Automatic Transfer Switches, PLC/HMI controls is desired
You may not know it, but Regal Rexnord impacts your life every day. Our products enable the power source that keeps smart buildings running; the fans in HVAC systems that keep us comfortable; the agricultural and food service equipment that keeps us fed; and the conveyer systems that keep e-commerce flowing.
Our business purpose is to create a better tomorrow by energy-efficiently converting power into motion. For us, this means creating innovative solutions while focused on both customer needs and our commitment to sustainability. We are looking for creative and ambitious minds to join our team and to create a better tomorrow.
As part of the large Regal Rexnord family we, Thomson Power Systems, are a leading manufacturer of electrical products, controls, and systems in the Power Generation Industry. Over the last 40 years we have been growing from a small local company in British Columbia to a global organization with colleagues in Canada, USA, Mexico and India. As we are rapidly growing, we are looking for innovative, motivated, talented, and hard-working achievers to join us and to continue providing best in class products and services to our expanding customers.
Regal Rexnord Corporation (RRX) is approximately a $5B publicly traded global manufacturer of electric motors and controls, electrical components and power transmission products serving customers around the world in the general industrial, consumer, commercial construction, food & beverage, and alternative energy end markets, among others. Regal Rexnord sells its products and solutions to OEMs, through distributors, and directly to end-users. The company has approximately 29,000 global associates with significant operations in the US, Mexico, Europe, China, and India. Regal Rexnord Corporation is the result of a merger between Regal Beloit Corporation and Rexnord’s PMC business which was completed in 2021. The headquarters for Regal Rexnord is located in Beloit, WI with an executive satellite office in Rosemont, IL.
The company is comprised of four operating segments:
• Climate Solutions: (~$1.0 Billion revenues) Includes fractional HP motors, variable speed controls, and air moving solutions which are sold in the residential heating & ventilating, water heating, commercial refrigeration, and other OEM and aftermarkets. Segment headquarters is based in Fort Wayne, IN.
• Commercial Systems: (~$1.0 Billion revenues) Includes medium motors from fractional to 5HP, fans and blowers and Hermetic stator and rotor sets which are sold to commercial heating and ventilating, commercial kitchen and laundry markets. Segment headquarters is based in Grafton, WI.
• Industrial Systems: (~$600 Million revenues) Includes large motors, alternators, automatic transfer switches and switchgears which are sold to agricultural, marine, oil and gas, data centers, power generation and general industry equipment markets. Segment headquarters is based in Wausau, WI.
• Motion Control Solutions: (~2.2 Billion revenues) Constitutes products like gearing, bearings, couplings, and conveying components which are sold in a wide variety of markets including mater handling, oil & gas, beverage, and other industrial markets. Segment headquarters is based in Milwaukee, WI.
How to Apply
In order to be eligible to apply for this position, you must be registered on BC JobConnect. Learn more about how to register for the BC JobConnect here.
If you are interested in applying for the position, fill out the form below before October 22, 2022.
Email email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.